What’s the trick??

chevrolegs

Mar 17, 2012
OC
Name
steven
Boat
boat
I bought a phenix 909h that was shipped to me in two pieces. It attaches right above where the padding is, but I can’t get it to completely seat.. wtf is up with this thing? There’s still about an inch left to go and it’s not budging. It’s also not coming apart anymore.. fml. Any tips?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisV

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
It has a spigot ferrule and is not supposed to seat all the way. As the joint wears, it will seat closer and closer but it will never seat all the way. Hopefully you can still twist the joint and pull and it will come apart. Pretty much all two-piece conventional rods and all 4-piece fly rods work this way now.

Upvote 0

chevrolegs

Mar 17, 2012
OC
Name
steven
Boat
boat
That is great to know! I’ve never heard of that before. Learn something new everyday.. thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

chevrolegs

Mar 17, 2012
OC
Name
steven
Boat
boat
It’s a spinning 909h 20-50. I want to say it’s advertised as a one piece but they ship it in two due to the length. It doesn’t connect in the center like other traditional two pieces. It’s connected right above where the top of the grip/padding is (if that makes sense).

Upvote 0

chevrolegs

Mar 17, 2012
OC
Name
steven
Boat
boat
48C95C08-16FB-44A0-A62F-BD65DC3FEB68.jpeg
C0641659-0A43-4459-B7F4-A07B90140654.jpeg

ok so it looks like there is an error. The rod itself doesn’t have the dash and 2 that would specify two piece. I was able to locate my email order and the model number noted doesn’t have the dash and 2 but it does say..

Black Diamond - Spinning Rods - PSW909H - Spin / 9' / 2 / 20-50 lb / Fast / Fuji Alconite / Fuji DPS w / Hypalon & X-Wrap.

looks like I’ll have to call phenix to sort this out.

Upvote 0

kenstevens1

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 1, 2013
huntington beach /ca/us
Name
ken
Boat
none
It's gonna come down to that one cast when that piece comes out and sails 200 yards. Kinda like a backlash on a jigstick ... you hear the pop and the jig goes a quarter mile. Dammit

Upvote 0

Drowningman

This guys an asshole
  • Oct 25, 2020
    Temecula
    Name
    D Michael
    Boat
    A Tiny One
    View attachment 1302378View attachment 1302379

ok so it looks like there is an error. The rod itself doesn’t have the dash and 2 that would specify two piece. I was able to locate my email order and the model number noted doesn’t have the dash and 2 but it does say..

Black Diamond - Spinning Rods - PSW909H - Spin / 9' / 2 / 20-50 lb / Fast / Fuji Alconite / Fuji DPS w / Hypalon & X-Wrap.

looks like I’ll have to call phenix to sort this out.

that 2 is for 2 pieces

Reactions: chevrolegs
    Upvote 0

chevrolegs

Mar 17, 2012
    OC
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    boat

that 2 is for 2 pieces

I understand that and noticed it the other day when looking in my e-mail, but when selecting the rods on their site the 909h (which I selected) is supposed to be one piece. The 909h-2 is the two piece.

no big deal. I’ll just keep it as I probably waited too long to even notice and their one pieces are out of stock.

also, thanks to those for the info about the spigot ! Good info!

Upvote 0