brantc

Ranchero
May 15, 2004
crown point
Name
Brant
Boat
whichever one will have me
Loaded up Redneck on Friday night to go fish a few days with some friends. Eric and Kelly from the Shogun went with us, as well as Manny (Ranchero).

We made bait in front of the old marina then headed toward Mita for an evening on the hook. Early departure for the Rock after hearing some good reports from the previous days.

Got the kite set up on the first drift and immediately the Cabbie was inhaled by a nice pargo. Great way to start the day with a 40 lb'er in the box. Not much life so we decided to drag lures to the bank. A few knock downs by stripers on the way, but otherwise pretty quiet. Nothing at the bank so back to the rock.

Made a few drifts for 3 nice dorado to 30 lbs. and 3 YFT's up to 80 lbs. A great day, so back to the point we headed for dinner at Margaritas with the Martuni crew.

Since the bite was late, we opted to sleep in and leave the anchorage at 10 am on Sunday. Arriving at the rock about 1pm we set the kite and immediately get bit. An 80 lber hits the deck shortly thereafter. From there on it was mayhem.

The next drift we get a double then a single. Two more 60 - 80 lbers and a 130. We reset and get a 115 lber. We reset again and land a 120.

Not bad for a few hours fishing. Time to head for the barn. We had a great crew and great fishing. It was a pleasure having Manny along, especially since he got a haircut. He works the cockpit like a champ. You're welcome anytime compa.

Final count for two days: 9 tuna (60 -130 lbs), 3 dodo's and 1 pargo.

Check out Manny's new haircut and Kelly crouching over the dead carcas and eating sushi. Manny jumping out of the way of a thrashing dodo (pussy). Maverick doing his best James Dean impression.

P2230069.JPG P2240085.JPG P2240102.JPG P2240106.JPG P2250114.JPG P2250116.JPG P2250123.JPG P2250131.JPG P2250133.JPG IMGA0747.JPG IMGA0753.JPG IMGA0779.JPG IMGA0809.JPG IMGA0856.JPG IMGA0903.JPG IMGA0936.JPG

Jaydog

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 18, 2005
San Diego
Name
Jay
Boat
Mako 19'
Awesome pictures Brant!!! The fresh sushi, the dog, and the nut busting DODO are classics...

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
So thats it..... thats all you have to show us, a few tuna a pargo and some dorado!?? Geeeeesh! :D

Your life really sucks Brant!!

Looks like you had a great B-Day!!

Keep slaying em and say hello to Kari & Maverick for me.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Aleta

Apr 1, 2003
Newport
Name
Clarke
Boat
3070 Pursuit
Awesome, Brant.

You need to train Maverick to put the death bite on those pesky dodos that flop around the deck.

aloharob

Sep 9, 2004
Calabasas, CA
Name
Rob
Boat
40' Cabo Flybridge "Magellan" and 19' Boston Whaler "BobKat"
Nice trip...congrats!!

Unforgiven1

It's All About The Tuna
Advertiser
Apr 7, 2004
Redondo Beach, California
Name
Drew
Boat
UnforgiveN- Blackfin 29' FB Volvo Kamd 300's
Sweet trip, Maverick needs an agent.

lilharcher

Apr 28, 2004
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
Champion 188
Killen' it........Way to go Brant & Crew!:beerbang:

Manny, Bogii said someone chopped you too short and that you should have waited for a real haircut from the master........hopefully the ladies like the new dew!beaver

aaronj

wannabe fisherman
Jun 10, 2004
san diego
Name
aaron
Boat
none
Awesome pics and report.

Way to fucking go. You have the life....

I wonder what the poor people are doing> Oh that's right - I'm looking at the computer and wishing I was you!!!!

Aaron

FRANTICPACE

Sep 6, 2006
Puerto Vallarta
Name
Herk Marsella
Boat
52' Pacemaker Frantic Pace
Nice work Brandt, Now that you cleaned Manny up, I can take him fishing too!!!

Capt Manny

Capitan
Advertiser
Jul 16, 2006
Victoria BC. - Puerto Vallarta ,Mex.
www.elmatadorsportfishing.com
Name
Manny Ocaranza
Boat
40ft Cabo " Aleta "35ft Cabo " El matador "
thanks alot brant,I have an excelent weekend with you and your wife,Great seeing erick and kelly pulling on some fish..
we'll do it again amigo...

see ya tonight at fajita republic for some drinks,juan will be there aswell.

Manny

brantc

Ranchero
May 15, 2004
crown point
Name
Brant
Boat
whichever one will have me
We're doing dinner on Redneck instead. Just talked to the boys on Martuni and they're coming over about 7

Mag Bay Yachts

Formerly Captain CABO
Advertiser
Nov 16, 2004
Newport Beach CA
www.magbayyachts.com
Name
Barrett
Boat
Mag Bay 33
Pinche Manny I barely recognized you compa. Nice job on the tunas and the dodos, they all look tasty. Bogii's not going to be happy with you, he's been wanting to cut your hair since the BD Tuna Challenge back in Agosto. Say hi to Juan and everybody and tell Juan I hope all goes well with getting Top Gun fixed.

Brant your on fire lately, taking another dent out of the tuna population at the rock. Say hi to Kari, Maverick and Palomino for me. Hope you had a good birthday too.

Barrett

bertram31

Jul 7, 2004
Star Valley
Name
Jack
Boat
Polaris Supreme
Right on Brant !!!!!

Looks like lots of fun for sure.

Might have to be jumping on a flight to come see you.

Jack

capt josh

Sep 5, 2004
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Name
Capt Josh Temple
Boat
"MAXIMO" 57 Dean Johnson & "CONQUISTADOR" 40 Cabo Express
Epic fishing guys great job...

Now fuel that bitch up and get back out there they are still biting!!!

Manny i guess we won't count on you to fall on any grenades the way you're diving away from that dodo...tackle that bastard that's what deckhands do!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Que bueno compa...felicidades...mucho felicidades...y....blowme'...

Pendulos!