JTL750

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 8, 2013
SD
Name
Str8up Jesse
Boat
SS Bobber
Just landed this morning from my 1.5 day trip on the Legend out of H&M landing. And what a trip. Great captain, great crew and limits of tuna for everyone!

We left around 8 and after a quick stop by the fuel dock and bait barge were on our way. We got some of the best looking bait I've seen all season. Perfect, cured 5-7" dines. Sweet.

I was up at the crack of 5am. I had a feeling this was going to be a good trip. No wind, but decent sized rollers. We started trolling with no hits for an hour or so. We got called into a big school of tuna by the Seeker. They had limited out on the school I believe, so thanks for the hand off :). We got a few on that stop(21) but with 30 anglers on board, that just wouldn't do. So off on the troll again...for NADA. I can't believe not a single jig strike all day.

We trolled and trolled and hit paddy after paddy with no one home. People were starting to get bummed, but I just kept saying you never know. The last stop of the day can be a total trip changer.

AND BOY WAS IT!! At about 6pm the whole trip changed. You could hear the excitement in the captains voice over the pa, "Here they are!! There's tune everywhere!!" The next hour was a blur of blood, fish, screaming drags and insane WFO fishing. And I mean WIDE F**KING OPEN. I've been on 7, 1.5 day trips this season. And that was my first WFO trip. Everything that hit the water was instantly devoured by a tuna. At one point the captain stood right next to me and said "watch this". He literally kept his reel in gear, and in one motion dipped the bait into the water and instantly bounced over a YFT!! I couldn't believe what I had just seen. What a savage! The tuna were all in the 10-15 lb range, but still an absolute blast to catch.

The whole boat limited out on that stop and there were nothing but smiles from everyone for the whole rest of the night.

A big thank you to the captain and crew for putting in the work to get us on the fish. I'll be on this boat again next season for sure.

20140929_193817.jpg

20140929_193805.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alglaser

Almost A Member
Jun 5, 2007
San Diego, Ca
Name
Alan Glaser
Boat
30' Proline
Great job. I love a capt that works till the end! Looks like the years not over yet! What was the area of your last stop? Thanks

Upvote 0

Tdubbzskis

Jun 19, 2014
Name
Todd
Boat
Don't got one yet :/
Cool report man. Dude, you got to go on 7- 1.5 day trips this year?! Wish I had that time and $!

Upvote 0

JTL750

Oct 8, 2013
SD
Name
Str8up Jesse
Boat
SS Bobber
Great job. I love a capt that works till the end! Looks like the years not over yet! What was the area of your last stop? Thanks

I didn't ask. But the plan was to go 80-100 miles south and look for paddies.

Upvote 0

JTL750

Oct 8, 2013
SD
Name
Str8up Jesse
Boat
SS Bobber
Cool report man. Dude, you got to go on 7- 1.5 day trips this year?! Wish I had that time and $!

I am definitely a lucky dude.
Heres how i fish a lot - no girl/wife, no kids, no student loans, no car payment :)

I dumped my girlfriend and had an extra $500-600 a month somehow. Made it reel easy to go fishing more :) :)

Upvote 0

JTL750

Oct 8, 2013
SD
Name
Str8up Jesse
Boat
SS Bobber
Congrats on a great trip!

7 1.5day THIS season and 1 wfo trip? That's just bad odds brotha. LOL

I caught limits on 4 trips, but never hit a WFO bite. Got 4-8 fish on the other trips. Including the #68 bluefin in my avatar. And I got to take my Dad on that bluefin trip, which made it that much better. I've had a great season, zero complaints here. Any day on the water is a good day

Reactions: Jigslinger
Upvote 0

T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
I am definitely a lucky dude.
Heres how i fish a lot - no girl/wife, no kids, no student loans, no car payment :)

I dumped my girlfriend and had an extra $500-600 a month somehow. Made it reel easy to go fishing more :) :)

I've gotten everything right except for the student loans and car payments.

Reactions: JTL750
Upvote 0