fatkid1

Jr's Custom Rods
Jun 7, 2009
Norco, ca
Name
Francisco illingworth
Boat
20 foot trophy bayliner
.Launched out of sunset aquatic center around 12:30am in my cousins 24' wellcraft . Got rigged up and went to nachos for bait, he was closed and lights were off so we headed san pedro bait co. No dines so we got a full scoop of squid and full scoop of anchovies. Headed to the shoe and camped out n fished all night on morning. Around 8am my free spooled whole squid got hit so i closed the bail and set the hook.. landed the 8 pound cuda. Then it was on, everyone on the boat woke up we all swithed from live bait to irons and jig sticks and it was cast for cast with these cudas... landed 8 and lost 14 trynna swing them in the boat n then we got smart n used the gaff. Great day fishing with a mixed bag of bass and white fish..

reelbadlarry

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 25, 2005
socal
Name
Larry
Boat
23ft parker, reel bad
why would you want them in the boat....ehhhhhh....slimy... Nice catch...last batch I brought home were so full of worms, I gave up keeping them. I guess they are really good smoked, if you can get some without the hitchhikers..

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Soak the filets in milk for a couple of hours before cooking.

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Snot rockets. We were slaying them Friday on mint tady surface irons.

Last edited:

fatkid1

Jr's Custom Rods
Jun 7, 2009
Norco, ca
Name
Francisco illingworth
Boat
20 foot trophy bayliner
Gotem on tady surface irons... non of them had worms.. they are slimy on the boat though... i bbq some fillets today and they were awesome... garlic salt and pepper and brushed melted butter and garlic on the fillets every flip...

muletrain

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 9, 2006
san clemente
Name
mark
Boat
Carolina skiff for the bay / Hobie Mirage
Looks like a fun local trip

Glad to hear the cuda are around

Congrats

P

Paddyman1

Great stuff with light tackle and tough leader! Snot sticks for everyone!!!

Blackfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
Sounds like a great day on the water.

Full scoop of squid and chovie....? How big is your bait tank?

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Sounds like a fun day....er night. I hope you didn't try to wake sleepy head.

Johnlgarrison

The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
Nice SLIME STICKS, they can sure be fun on light iron. We got a bunch off Oceanside weekend before but they were all pencils 14" to 18" they were hitting top water jerk baits for green bass. Really fun to watch them smack the top water. Put a Zara Spook in your tackle bag and try that next time you are into Cuda, talk about fun!

monster1

Typical striper owner
May 30, 2006
Long beach
Name
Monster
Boat
Yep
I aways gaff and bleed followed by straight to the ice chest. I never let them touch the deck. I cut them into one inch steaks with a cleaver and put them on a smoking skillet or bbq. Anyone I have ever cooked for can't stop eating it.