We've made upgrades! Click here to learn more and tell us what you think.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    Classifieds section got a big downgrade in my opinion. Boats, Boat Parts, and Electronics are all on the same main list that is a pain in the ass. People have stopped posting because of the confusion.

I liked having big buttons for "boats", "boat parts", and "electronics". I felt they were split really well that way and made browsing easy. People don't want to pick through a big main list to find what they want. Also the drop-down menu is badly split in my opinion. Clicking on boats shows all listings. Clicking on parts and electronics works but why a dropdown menu instead of simple buttons? Make three different lists again and put big buttons on the left to switch between them. Same with fishing tackle.

Get away from the main list with everything on it and make big simple buttons on the left to select more targeted lists.

Better you then me,
    Starting a new thread every month,
    For my sinker thread,
    Is not going to be fun .

@jer dog is this you that texted me?

Jason I am thorouhly displeesed more pissed off with the changes you made to the classifieds. Over the past 5 years I have provided your members with good deals on gear that I find all over the web and swapmeets. You say flippers are bad yet we are the ones that bring the public all the good deals. Your sponsors and tackle shops are a rip of to regular members. By making the classifieds change you are going to put me out of business. My main incom is selling on your website and without the contant incom you will make me homeless. I hope you pull your head out of your ass and return the classifieds back to how they were.

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    @jer dog is this you that texted me?

Jason I am thorouhly displeesed more pissed off with the changes you made to the classifieds. Over the past 5 years I have provided your members with good deals on gear that I find all over the web and swapmeets. You say flippers are bad yet we are the ones that bring the public all the good deals. Your sponsors and tackle shops are a rip of to regular members. By making the classifieds change you are going to put me out of business. My main incom is selling on your website and without the contant incom you will make me homeless. I hope you pull your head out of your ass and return the classifieds back to how they were.
    Nope, I don’t burn bridges,
    I just need to learn how.

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    Damn I thought I had you pegged!
    Nope, I live in my wife’s house,
    And get by,
    I started the sinker thing
    For a hobby , and because
    Members started asking me for
    Some lead, and it helps
    Out my addiction to.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    It's appears way different and more difficult to navigate.
    If it ain't broke......
    At least all my friends fish so I can just call and talk about fishing with them .

Problem is it was broke. We held off on upgrading and suffered big time because of it. We were only 5 years behind the rest.

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    New changes suck at first but end up better in the long run. Jason you’re kicking ass in customer support.
    I was a little bummed I lost my “ I posted enough I could edit this section”
    Now I’m just a member 😔

• Haha
    Reactions: pacificscout

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    How do you close a classifieds ad if:

1) no member from here bought it
    2) changed my mind
    3) the member wants it anonymous

doesn’t allow me to close it without putting a member name?
    1616040485003.png
    Click the ...

• Dislike
    Reactions: ZZZZZ and nu2reels

Skkeeter

07 FFL
    Apr 15, 2018
    Shelter Cove, Ca
    www.billygoatmachine.com
    Name
    Skkeeter
    Boat
    24' Hewescraft Alaskan, Gregor 15' Baja Special
    So no more bumping your thread? Gonna be tough to get exposure on your ad when it’s 5 pages back in just a few hours. So what happens when you have to make a new post every two days just so it can be seen?