We've made upgrades! Click here to learn more and tell us what you think.

tbev

Dec 21, 2017
SoCal
Name
tom
Boat
Skipjack 24 Fly
Kind of not wild about classified ads being deleted every 30 days. The old classifieds are probably the best resource on the internet for keeping up with real world values of the weird old gear we all like. Say you stumble across some kind of weird Kencor or Conolon or whatever for sale, there aren't really any other places to look to try to get an idea of a fair price.

Are the old classified ads going to be saved somewhere, or are they just gone after the 30 days?
Can we tag / mark old listings as old or put them in an archive or something so we don't totally delete them.? That's my vote.

Looking good so far in general.

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Hey Jason, what's with the little sea gull ,buzzard and dorado trophy under your name? I'm fucking old, I don't get this shit

Jason
Jason
I'ts these stupid emoji's that I was forced to do. I fought it for a while and then it was 3 vs 1 and I lost. So I said Fuck it lets do this knowing that there will be all sorts of mockery. So I made the damn emoji's and made sure to put some good ones in there to make everyone go WTF.

Upvote 0

acefuture

@acecraftco
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat
Always changing
Just a heads up Jason, on mobile the classifieds drop down gets covered and you can’t select boats or fishing. It doesn’t scroll with the page. Everything else works great for me

25792F16-79D0-441F-B248-AB958BFF3B13.png

Reactions: oceanski
Jason
Jason
It's definitely got bugs. I can't replicate it on my iphone 11 pro but we hate the menu and have it being changed. Coming soon.
Upvote 0
Delorian686
Delorian686
Same issue for me. iPhone 12
Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica from San Diego
Name
Brad
Boat
Yamaha FX SHO
Newell non sponsored forum how to keep them going. Not sure why the words are in bold after, Newell

It's a sign

Nothing fires farther for surface iron yellowfish. And yellowish don't blow frames up. No worries

Chan-

:)
May 12, 2020
Torrance
Name
Chan Suk
Boat
?
but now, i guess we dont bump posts anymore? tho if you posted a couple weeks before id guess that they fall back. seems like you don't respond to them in the post either? just pm? idk I'm still a young teen but brains fried already LOL can only imagine how confused the older guys are

Reactions: tbev

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom
Boat
None
Most location sub-menu selections aren't working. FL and international seem to be the only ones where you can scroll down to fishing reports.

The Local Knowledge link as well.

Screenshot_20210316-231545.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason
Jason
Jason
bugs. none of this was happening on the version phones we have. Sent to dev. Thanks
Upvote 0

Fishdood

Fishgistics
Sep 30, 2012
San Marcos, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Austin
Boat
Man what a bummer on the classifieds. I used to work for a large internet forum and when we had threaded classifieds it was awesome because people could reply with questions and answers just like on here forever. When we also switched to a format like BD just did it really made the numbers go down. I am not a fan of the format of no public reply/comment and answers but I understand thats kinda how it is now days. This will only lead to less people selling stuff on here though which is a bummer.

Ventura Bill
Ventura Bill
This! - there is a guy asking for a used rod to pair with a reel that I am also looking for a rod for. I can't see what people recommend or are offering. I may want to jump on a rod offer that the poster may not.

Also, it's hard to gauge interest in an item to know if it's worth making an offer - some items go within minutes / hours and its nice to see "PM sent" type comments
Upvote 0

Chan-

:)
May 12, 2020
Torrance
Name
Chan Suk
Boat
?
i would think that if there was a way (don't really know. not too computer savy) to implement something where posts without any replies on them for a month or so would become closed to further replies allowing bumps and people to keep conversations going then closing when the forum/post becomes dead. i would guess something slightly similar to Reddit?
since it seems like without bumps the classified section might become a hellhole of a bunch of duplicate ads that are posted every couple days.

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
NorCal
Name
Boat
19' Hobie
Somehow I feel like this forum got the most traffic thanks to the Classifieds, it's something I'm assuming everyone looks at on a daily basis. Everything is all weird now, I would get lost and would have to keep clicking that little top right tab that says "forums".

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
MMMMMM????
So now I must repost all my forsale ads because even my current ones are "OLD ADS NOW"
Sorry but that really sucks.....
so now can I copy and paste to add my old add that was current two days ago to the new ads ????????or do I have to rewrite and re add the pictures again ?????

???????? Be nice to get a reply...... Thank You

Audentio

Administrator
Has Moderator Powers
Admin
  • Dec 12, 2019
    Madison, WI
    Name
    N/A
    Boat
    N/A
    MMMMMM????
    So now I must repost all my forsale ads because even my current ones are "OLD ADS NOW"
    Sorry but that really sucks.....
    so now can I copy and paste to add my old add that was current two days ago to the new ads ????????or do I have to rewrite and re add the pictures again ?????

???????? Be nice to get a reply...... Thank You
    Hey there! To add your old classifieds ad to the new system, all you need to do is click on your profile, then click on your posts. You will find all of the classifieds ads that you've previously made and you can copy/paste them into a new listing in the new classifieds system and add images

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Hey there! To add your old classifieds ad to the new system, all you need to do is click on your profile, then click on your posts. You will find all of the classifieds ads that you've previously made and you can copy/paste them into a new listing in the new classifieds system and add images
    yes Thank You, I kinda figured that out when i found my old posts.
    and Thank You

Reactions: Audentio

theman772

Almost A Member
    Nov 25, 2011
    el monte
    Name
    sherman
    Boat
    Blackman Outerbanks
    I get anything to work I go to fishing hit the drop down
    reports Southern California I want islands and inshore and all I get is Articles articles articles

Reactions: Rivertrip

Reefmo

• Nov 28, 2016
    North OC
    Name
    Matt Skogmo
    Boat
    Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa, Jubilee -- SportCat 272
    Hey Jason,
    Duplicate sub categories in california fishing forums... (double inshore)
    1615993177436.png

Jason
    Jason
    yeah something happened today. I didn't touch that one!
    Upvote 0

Latest posts