We've made upgrades! Click here to learn more and tell us what you think.

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Sorry. This one is probably yours Dan

images

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat
n/a
They are set for newest first. Some of the threads you haven't seen yet are in order but have newer posts on them hence the times being newer than others.

It appears that LATEST gets me closer to what I'm looking for.

OnoEric
OnoEric
This one works best for me. I just don’t know how to find a link to this one from the tabs. I had this one bookmarked from the previous version of the website.

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
If this wasn't a PC website now I would refer to David Allen Coe and his song Little Suzy.....

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
scrolling the mouse for a second over the profile pic & having it get larger is distracting & a hassle along with when you hit the back button after reading a post the website goes back to the previous page & then goes stupid for a few seconds & then re-populates, also distracting...
Having to re click on the forum tab at the top right corner everytime to find the "new post" tab is also an issue which doesnt make navigating smooth......

Last edited:

jmch75

Almost A Member
Apr 28, 2017
San Diego
Name
Joe Curly
Boat
None
Jason,

I searched this thread for the word "photo" and only came up with 2 matches, which weren't what I'm looking for.

I was able to attach photos to a PM in the past. Has that functionality been removed? I believe the only way (at the moment) is to have photos hosted by a 3rd party, which you would have to link. Is that right? Any plans to support directly attaching photos?

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
scrolling the mouse for a second over the profile pic & having it get larger is distracting & a hassle along with when you hit the back button after reading a post the website goes back to the previous page & then goes stupid for a few seconds & then re-populates, also distracting...
Having to re click on the forum tab at the top right corner everytime to find the "new post" tab is also an issue which doesnt make navigating smooth......
Well Jason listens, 2 of the obvious issues have been resolved....

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
MMMMM In general it seems new thread postings have slowed down quite a bit....

Seeing the same posts over and over in new posts and latest post a lot...

anyway its just how I am seeing things may be different for others..

• Haha
Reactions: Jason

CHG_IV

Landlocked
  • Jan 22, 2017
    RENO
    Name
    Chad
    Boat
    Skipjack 28, 28 conquest, Donzi hornet, 1978 tiderunner, 20’ bayrunner
    Fish in bags is better than many bush...
    B157C7EE-0378-43E1-B7F3-F648F21FBE0C.jpeg

Rimack

Old School
  • Jun 24, 2011
    Elk Grove
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    WORKING ON IT.
    Well shit.

Reactions: Jason
    Sep 13, 2014
    Santa Cruz
    Name
    kevin butler
    Boat
    21 chaparral / 24 fiberform
    not sure what was wrong before but I don't really feel the need to re learn a site that was fine before. I think most fisherman are not the tech type.

OnoEric

Sometimes I fish
  • Dec 13, 2003
    San Marcos
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Grady White 208
    (Space added to the URL so the website doesn't hyperlink them)

The Latest Posts at the top links to https: //www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/latest

The New Posts at the top links to https: //www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/newest

What I have bookmarked, and what actually shows only new unread posts, which is my preference is this one https: //www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/whats-new/posts/

It would be nice if New Posts linked to what my bookmark links to, which is the way it used to be.

Jason
    Jason
    Reset your bookmarks
    Upvote 0
    OnoEric
    OnoEric
    @Jason, why would I do that? My bookmark takes me to a page which is the New Posts page I like. The links at the top of the website take me pages with formats I don’t like filled with threads I’ve already read. I was hoping you’d update the New Post link to be the same URL my bookmark is because that’s the way New Posts should work, IMO, and how it works on every other website I visit.
    Upvote 0