We've made upgrades! Click here to learn more and tell us what you think.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I wanted to take a few days to get more comfortable with the update before making any judgements. The site definitely runs way smoother, and people will figure out how to navigate through to their favorite forums again in time. The classifieds however, suck. It’s not even a forum anymore it’s just another marketplace which is what made this website better than the rest. No more “hey what rod did you have this reel paired with?” No more “hey does this rod handle 50# or is it strictly 40#?” No more being able to browse gear and see what people are saying about it. I wish I had something constructive to say, because I do not like simply complaining, but the classifieds suuuuuuuck. It’s not a matter of “ironing out the kinks and figuring out which settings to turn off”. With no ability to converse about the stuff being sold here, what’s the point? There is no reason to change from a forum style classifieds other than the fact you guys are trying to create an app for BD. This is a forum website. Leave it that way.
Day by day I’m figuring it out,
Little by little , and my classified ad
That my son did for me, looks
Good, maybe to good ,lol .

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Boat
340Z SeaVee
There is an issue that should be fixed. When trying to close a for sale ad, the website asks for a name of who you sold it to and you need to enter a name or you can’t close the ad. What happens when you seek it outside BD?
I turned off the mandatory adding a bd name. You can simply close the ad for sold outside the site.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Boat
340Z SeaVee
I wanted to take a few days to get more comfortable with the update before making any judgements. The site definitely runs way smoother, and people will figure out how to navigate through to their favorite forums again in time. The classifieds however, suck. It’s not even a forum anymore it’s just another marketplace which is what made this website better than the rest. No more “hey what rod did you have this reel paired with?” No more “hey does this rod handle 50# or is it strictly 40#?” No more being able to browse gear and see what people are saying about it. I wish I had something constructive to say, because I do not like simply complaining, but the classifieds suuuuuuuck. It’s not a matter of “ironing out the kinks and figuring out which settings to turn off”. With no ability to converse about the stuff being sold here, what’s the point? There is no reason to change from a forum style classifieds other than the fact you guys are trying to create an app for BD. This is a forum website. Leave it that way.
You can't message the seller?

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Boat
340Z SeaVee
I can, but that’s not helpful to the community, which is the entire point of this website
Classifieds are a PITA. We talked about getting rid of them altogether. Tackle advertisers won't advertise because of all the backdoor deals. We have lost more advertisers than gained due to classifieds.
Scammers and flippers are rampant and it's a daily job for a couple of hours dealing with all of the reported posts, closing/deleting ads, non-advertisers, fights between members, etc.

fcsd_christian

RIP-Here Lies: Fish, E.
  • Apr 1, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Christian
    Boat
    14ft Valco
    Classifieds are a PITA. We talked about getting rid of them altogether. Tackle advertisers won't advertise because of all the backdoor deals. We have lost more advertisers than gained due to classifieds.
    Scammers and flippers are rampant and it's a daily job for a couple of hours dealing with all of the reported posts, closing/deleting ads, non-advertisers, fights between members, etc.
    Is what it is. I’m not going anywhere, just sucks we can’t have nice things. Thanks for the replies, and maintaining the site. I’m sure it’s a helluva job.

Reactions: pacificscout

OnoEric

Sometimes I fish
  • Dec 13, 2003
    San Marcos
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Grady White 208
    I can, but that’s not helpful to the community, which is the entire point of this website
    I agree 100% with this. BD classifieds are my greatest source of research information when I’m trying to figure out which piece of gear to buy. Lots of commentary about how people use their gear in this fishery. That all goes away with “PM the seller.” Sorry they are a PITA to moderate. I will be sad when that resource disappears.

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
    Seattle
    Name
    "Mulligan"
    Boat
    18' Tiderunner Runabout
    We had a very healthy, unbroken (though some users are broken) classifieds section up here in Washington. Can we get it back please? Thank you.
    Seconded. I don't think I ever came across a single scammer or bogus ad in our WA classified section. It had healthy traffic and things were working just fine. Not to mention the new multi-step process to find local, relevant classifieds doesn't even work...the filter's beyond glitchy. Ya didn't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater here in WA.

Reactions: liltrouble

gatorfan

Chief
    Dec 18, 2006
    CV CA
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    tube
    Any thought to ever separate the rod and reels classifieds to one for rods and one for reels?

Chan-

:)
    May 12, 2020
    Torrance
    Name
    Chan Suk
    Boat
    ?
    not being able to bump classified ads kinda suck though. my ad is all the way back in some 2nd to last page. don't think its gonna get looked at unless i repost it and make a duplicate which I'm guessing is against the rules?

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    Jason, a few changes back, there use to be a little tab/window.box, I don't know what to call it. But you could click on it and it would drop down a box, and provide you with a list of all the forums (just simple text, one line for each forum). So rather than click on the main "forums" page, where you get the full blown page, you could just quickly scroll down and find the forum you wanted with out all the fancy stuff. Any chance we could get that back?

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    why do I encounter this on old classifieds ?

"You have insufficient privileges to reply here"

Fishdood

Fishgistics
    Sep 30, 2012
    San Marcos, CA
    www.facebook.com
    Name
    Austin
    Boat
    The new classifieds actually make it easier for scammers because no one can comment. Before if someone was sketchy or something looks sketchy people would just reply and call the people out and probably save some people from being scammed. Now the person can scam multiple people with the same add and no one will ever know. The comments were a HUGE loss to this site and honestly ill be switching to just meeting people face to face again instead of trusting someone on here.

my .02

Jason
    Jason
    There is feedback from every transaction so we can tell who the good sellers are. Just like ebay and amazon. The bad ones get reported.
    Upvote 0

Mnico

Almost A Member
    Dec 1, 2014
    Encinitas, CA
    Name
    Mike Nicoletti
    Boat
    pending
    The new classifieds actually make it easier for scammers because no one can comment. Before if someone was sketchy or something looks sketchy people would just reply and call the people out and probably save some people from being scammed. Now the person can scam multiple people with the same add and no one will ever know. The comments were a HUGE loss to this site and honestly ill be switching to just meeting people face to face again instead of trusting someone on here.

my .02
    Totally agree!!! Bring back the classified forums pretty please!!!!

Reactions: fcsd_christian

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Need a way to turn off the up votes, awards, etc a lot of us don't care or want this type of clutter.
    Exactly. The goofy little animal emojis that I guess you can chose to have displayed? To me, kinda like a bunch of giggling girls on InstaWTF. And the upvote/downvote deal? Fuck that. Don’t need any negativity. And it doesn’t make much sense. If you like something, just give it a like.

Nov 11, 2015
    Placentia
    Name
    Jake Vlastnik
    Boat
    1851 Striper CC
    Thoroughly enjoy the new classifieds, nice not seeing the same BD tough guys push everyone around. If you want it send a message, if you don't move along.

Reactions: Steve K

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
  • Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan-O
    Boat
    1997 Trophy 2352
    There's tough guys on the internet?

fat guy.JPG