We've made upgrades! Click here to learn more and tell us what you think.

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Fishing Chit Chat is similar to, Fishing Tips

Change fishing Chit Chat. To Fishing Storys. So someone can boast without being claimed cocky or arrogant

Fisherman are known to tell fish storys and I like hearing them

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Thought we had enough support for B.O.T.D to come back?
Unfortunately no, but there is a groundswell of support for Ali getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Jason
Jason
He's above that, not a pedophile... More into men.

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
Parker 2120
There is an issue that should be fixed. When trying to close a for sale ad, the website asks for a name of who you sold it to and you need to enter a name or you can’t close the ad. What happens when you seek it outside BD?

jcs612

On Deck
Mar 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
JC
Boat
My Mojo
Where did the old classified rods and reels go? And where is the new one?

For some of us old dogs, new tricks are hard to learn.

Jason
Jason
Where did my classifieds go? The old classifieds are here you may no longer post anything new in them, they are dead. If you had an ad you should move it to the new classifieds by copy/pasting the description and adding the photos.
Upvote 0

jammanj

Mar 19, 2004
La Jolla
Visit site
Name
James Toth
Boat
18ft Sea ProCC, Kayak scupper pro 14ft,; porta boat 5hsp, 14ft.
To be blunt:

The updates are not an improvement...

u better change back or to more sensible “update” in my opinion.

Until then i will stick to articles

winningman

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Oct 14, 2009
    torrance, Ca.
    Name
    MYOUNG
    Boat
    none.

Well some thread I can "NOT"

YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO REPLY HERE.

Jason
    Jason
    Where did my classifieds go? The old classifieds are here you may no longer post anything new in them, they are dead. If you had an ad you should move it to the new classifieds by copy/pasting the description and adding the photos.
    Upvote 0

birdie800

ReelBigFish
    Jul 11, 2009
    LA County
    Name
    Chay
    Boat
    N/A
    Another feature that would be nice to have is the ability to sort our watched forums list. Looks like the list just aligns with the order it is listed on the site, but being able to rearrange it would be fantastic.

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
    Apr 29, 2015
    Palmdale, CA
    www.ebay.com
    Name
    Curtis Wright
    Boat
    Kayak
    The new platform is horrible. No more firearms section. Everywhere I try to bump my old thread's says I don't have permission.

Jason
    Jason
    Hunting section of new classifieds. Firearms is a no-no in CA now...
    Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
    Jun 1, 2006
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    sold! / cattle boat
    It's more about staying with the times and updated software. We were 5 years behind. It's all default software right now, we have to tweak it out to how we like it...

Its a forum, not Tesla....

Reactions: CartridgeCalls
    Jason
    Jason
    Yup and keeping up with other top forums brings us to where we are at. I should turn on the other more confusing options just for you.
    Upvote 0

Allen Rice

Cranefish
    May 21, 2019
    West covina
    Name
    Allen Rice
    Boat
    N/A
    I've enjoyed buying and selling gear from the BD Classifieds. Since the changes, I have not been able to look at the ads

Jason
    Jason
    Upvote 0

SalmonidDave

9' or higher only.15' two handed is way fun!
  • May 12, 2019
    SFV
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    N/A
    Youve really squished the format. The width is very difficulty to operate in. It creates messages that are unnecessarily too tall. Im running dual 22 inches and your reading space is giving me tunnel vision in your site. There has to be an easier way for the mobile app to exist with the desktop's wider format.

It feels like Im reading this from the kids table instead of an expansive adult view of it. It feels like you are forcing the format change of the larger website to support the mobile app. Ultimately you are making this a website for a Mobile application, with an option to use a desktop. The desktop is my primary format of using this website and I do not like what you are doing.

Jason
    Jason
    We are redoing our ads and dumping the sidebar which will widen the forum template.

dwaynesda

dwayne
    Apr 27, 2003
    santee
    Visit site
    Name
    dwayne
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    Youve really squished the format. The width is very difficulty to operate in. It creates messages that are unnecessarily too tall. Im running dual 22 inches and your reading space is giving me tunnel vision in your site. There has to be an easier way for the mobile app to exist with the desktop's wider format.

It feels like Im reading this from the kids table instead of an expansive adult view of it. It feels like you are forcing the format change of the larger website to support the mobile app. Ultimately you are making this a website for a Mobile application, with an option to use a desktop. The desktop is my primary format of using this website and I do not like what you are doing.
    Hit "Ctrl+" as many times as you need to fill the screen on your desktop. "Ctrl -" will shrink it back down when you need to. Makes it much easier to read.

The only thing is you lose the forums list that is normally across the top banner. Ctrl - will bring it back.

fcsd_christian

RIP-Here Lies: Fish, E.
  • Apr 1, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Christian
    Boat
    14ft Valco
    I wanted to take a few days to get more comfortable with the update before making any judgements. The site definitely runs way smoother, and people will figure out how to navigate through to their favorite forums again in time. The classifieds however, suck. It’s not even a forum anymore it’s just another marketplace which is what made this website better than the rest. No more “hey what rod did you have this reel paired with?” No more “hey does this rod handle 50# or is it strictly 40#?” No more being able to browse gear and see what people are saying about it. I wish I had something constructive to say, because I do not like simply complaining, but the classifieds suuuuuuuck. It’s not a matter of “ironing out the kinks and figuring out which settings to turn off”. With no ability to converse about the stuff being sold here, what’s the point? There is no reason to change from a forum style classifieds other than the fact you guys are trying to create an app for BD. This is a forum website. Leave it that way.