We've made upgrades! Click here to learn more and tell us what you think.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    I just want a “Back” button on the forums... if I’m seven pages deep in the latest posts, I don’t want to go to the top of page 1.

otherwise we can figure the rest of this shit out
    Didn't we have some arrows or something that floated on the right bottom? Took you back to the top? Maybe it was one of the other sites we run.

PullOnThis

Almost A Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    California
    Name
    PullOnThis One
    Boat
    Floating beer cooler
    Didn't we have some arrows or something that floated on the right bottom? Took you back to the top? Maybe it was one of the other sites we run.
    @Jason you’re missing what I meant - sorry for not being more clear. The floating buttons you mentioned do in fact take you to the top or bottom of the specific thread you’re reading.

What I meant was, on a mobile platform, taking me back to my place in the list of all “Latest” threads. Like a simple “back” button on a browser. When I view the site on a phone, my browsers back button is not present, wanted that same functionality...

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Well I guess has to happen... but these change were major... Just to much to quick.... as time goes on I guess it will get easier... and as problems get fixed will help too....
    not sure I like all the changes to the classifieds. some good, some not so good...
    just have to wait a see.....

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
    Dec 1, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    N/A :(
    Can I still complain about my free website here?
    There is nothing free about people using your data and curating adds so they generate revenue via ad-clicks. If you’re not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product that’s being sold.

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
    Dec 1, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Also, this site eats dicks now. This isn’t a case of “old man yelling at clouds”. The site is measurably more difficult to navigate and is much less user friendly.

Last edited:
    Jason
    Jason
    You don't have the choice of eating dicks with us and helping or leaving the site?
    Upvote 0
    Scold
    Scold
    @Jason I never insinuated I was operating without those options. Also the fact that I posted on here rather than just removing BD from my favorites tells you what side of the fence I'm on......
    Upvote 0
    Scold
    Scold
    .....when something that works is broken for no apparent reason, people are going to be annoyed. Vague "apple didn't like our site" statements do nothing to help; especially when I have viewed this site 98%/2% iphone/PC and it has worked perfectly fine before the "update".
    wow, a character limit as well. Trying to be reddit and twitter?
    Upvote 0

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
    Dec 1, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Voting. It highlights the best answers and replies based on user votes up or down.
    Trying to be Reddit with old people isn’t going to work bro.
    Edit: and there has never been a more accurate user text in the history of the internet.

Last edited:
    Jason
    Jason
    Old people are dying off just like the old software. Gen z and Millennials need to have a home as well. Reddit's demographics are all the way up to 80 years old...
    Upvote 0
    Scold
    Scold
    Fishermen, generally speaking, are pretty technologically inept. I have clients that can barely operate a smart phone and they were born, raised and have lived their whole life here in Silicon Valley. A simple forum layout is far superior to the shit show that this site was transformed into.

birdie800

ReelBigFish
    Jul 11, 2009
    LA County
    Name
    Chay
    Boat
    N/A
    I've also noticed there's no way to mark all read in the fishing rod and reels classified sub-forum. This would be a nice feature to add back in.

It would also be nice to be able to see when a post was made in the classifieds from just the header in the sub-forum list. Right now, it only shows the expiration date of the listing, but not when the post was made.

Reactions: Jason

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    Display width of posts is not wide enough for "New Posts":
    1616263006898.png

Here's "What's New" for comparison:
    1616262957811.png

Jason
    Jason
    Ad didn't display. Ads are getting a total overhaul, actually going less ads.
    Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV

Please add NEW POSTS to banner or sub header under Forums.

Oh and the new ads are no bueno. Feels like Craiglist or OfferUp.

Reactions: gecsr1

The Right Kind

Slave to a Boat
  • Jul 9, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
    IMO not so bad, just a little difficult to navigate through the changes in locations of our favorites but it all good. What I really don't like is the box format of the classified ads. It would be better if it was like before, lineal without the pictures and be able to reply, like all of the other forums.
    We are the "Product", I like that Scold, funny.
    That's how they get new boats!

Jason
    Jason
    On mobile it was horizontal. I just switched it for PC which is now %20 of the users... It's all about mobile this year and building an app.

The new boats come from the TV show, not BD.
    Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    Reactions: marlyn and Scold
    Derby
    Derby
    But I dont get the comments....and the reply.

Seems redundant

Seems redundant

But it will all make sense on the new app:imdumb:
    Upvote 0
    Derby
    Derby
    I guess there is a difference, you cant quote a comment.
    Upvote 0
    Jason
    Jason
    THT was bought by IB. They don't care about the community, just selling your info. The ads on their sites aren't generating much income. Just like FB they sell your demographics and browsing habits to marketing firms.
    Upvote 0