KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
This morning I woke with no real intention of going fishing but as things go with me I changed my mind. Hey I'm retired. What the hell figured I'd go out and catch a couple silvers for grins. Haven't been out since last Thursday. Boinked out, started fishing and caught the limit quickly. Then I looked at the plotter...hmmmm. Then I looked at my left over ice....hmmmm. Then I looked at the ocean, good....hmmm. What the hell headed SW for another 20-ish miles. I had 4 troll rods aboard and 1 jig rod, the rest were home off the boat. Dumped in, in the area I fished last Thursday, it was cold at a bit over 58 degrees so aimed it further SW. Tried something new for me, a diver board on a handline. Dive board got three. Funny thing I saw some marks on the sounder so stopped the boat with all the gear still out and dropped a flat fall which hooked up right away. When I started back up there was a fish on the dive board...must of hit it when I was drifting. Anyway today's tally for my unintended solo trip was 2 silvers & 7 albacore. 1st two tuna came as a double. Marked quite a few, I think. Getting them to come up seemed to be hard which is why the dive board handline might of outfished the other gear. Lost my only flatfall that was aboard to a shark...I think.

Westport is great. I'm still laughing at myself for this stunt.
IMG_6957.jpg
IMG_6956.jpg

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I hate you! Probably only burned 25 gallons of diesel too!

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Well done! It’s great that you are able to go out and get them when they are here.

That’s a big boat to run solo!

Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Nice work.
I did a similar trip today.
Limits of coho, the a quick run out to the temp break for 6 quick tunas..
Just to take a peek at the water color there.
Fun day

Upvote 0