masterrep

Sep 14, 2009
Federal Way WA
Www.Customplusdistributing.com
Name
Bob Oliver
Boat
26 ft North River OS
Great day on water 7-23 don't think you could ask for nicer day on the water. We heard fish were straight out 34 miles so we were pumped with good reports and in close. Interesting day we started trolling when we hit 34 miles out from South Jetty didn't have any action so moved out to 124.50 water was very warm as warm as 66 degrees in some areas super clear picked up singles here and there cedar plug and x raps were best performers. Nothing was coming to boat couldn't get much going. We knew eventually we'd find more saw jumpers got live bait out picked up a few there. Later we got some bait stops going but the fish were not very hungry. You could see them darting around below boat we could see them swimming right past our bait. We tried butterfly jigs as well. Our mistake at bait dock was after taking 15 pounds I didn't think we had enough so I asked Jose for a little more so he dumped on some more. Well by the time we got to grounds half the chovies were at bottom of tank. So we had weak bait by the time we had them swimming under boat but you'd think they would take the jigs. We ended up with 28 lost way more than we should couple clusters where we should have converted at least 10 more it was frustrating missing the oppurtunities to really load up. Ended day at 47 over 57. I think we could of done just as good or better if we would of stayed inside the 124.50 line and maybe a little more south at 42 or so. Bottom line first trip of year so can't complain got the cobwebs out. Long day but worth it for sure. Couldn't resist photo from week ago at WP 27 pound my dad caught love the photo.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

AK-holic

Mar 23, 2012
King County/SE Alaska
Name
Matt Pollack
Boat
new one every year
Good work Bob!
Once I get back up there, we'll put the hurt on um!
Can't wait to get back to the cooler waters of the great pnw. Sea of Cortez this summer we found water to 91.5°. Tired of releasing stripe marlins. Ready to kill and bloody up boat with you and the boys this fall!!!

Maguro mon

Aug 14, 2009
2104 SW 170th Street Seattle WA USA
Name
John G
Boat
Eaglecraft
We were out there on Thursday as well, a little south and west of you (40 and 00). They were taking anything we trolled and dropped vertically. 28 fish in 2.5 hours of fishing. Looks like we should have tried up north where you fished because our fish were considerably smaller. Never seen so much warm water up here, I doubt this fishing will hold up-- these fish will be up in the Gulf of Alaska before long.

Fishtale24

Jun 4, 2011
Enumclaw wa. USA
Name
John Brandt
Boat
FISHTALE
Bob looks like you guys gotem! Got a pic from Bob G. Lots of Sockeye in the freezer now. I need to add a few salt water kings and some albies!