wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Welp, it can only get better for us. Came down Wednesday afternoon and topped off SlapShot with Westport’s finest 87 nonE and 27 ounces of Boostane octane additive.

03430DC2-59F4-41E2-AF56-4EA9894CF8A8.jpeg

Then went and iced up with 800# of flake. Tuesday and Wednesday tuna reports were pretty bleak. We talked it over and agreed that it’s only fuel... so we stuck to our guns and agreed to make the run. Went back to the Smith’s and spooled up a couple brand new Accurate BV 400’s and topshots. Grabbed some great cauliflower crust pizza for supper.

In bed by 10 and up at the crack of 0515. Loaded the rods and bean bags. Norm got lost coming from the house to the boat. Fortunately, the folks at Little Richard’s donuts helped him with a dzn donuts and directions to his boat :).

Ran to 47° / 125° 25’. Nada. 125° 35 was nada. 47° 04 nada. 07’ / 45’ - 50’ for nada. 80 miles from WP. The savings grace was the napping in the 3 bean bags and Carrie/Erica making elk breakfast bowls with some fresh, home made tomatillo salsa (courtesy of @missedagian).

Got to the fuel dock at 430 and put 252 gallons back in the tanks!!! Ouch. Zero tuna.

Does anyone have a good recipe for chovies?

Three slow days. It’s only a matter of time before they come up and get back on the chew. Let’s keep at it.

Upvote 0

bertman

Almost A Member
Aug 25, 2010
Centralia/WA/US
Name
bert grylls
Boat
23' NR Seahawk
We went out of Ilwaco, run W 57 miles to find right water (sucked) fished 3 hours and nada for us as well. Talked to 2 taking out in front of us and they went 60 miles SW, blanked as well. Fuck it gotta go to know!!!

Reactions: wdlfbio
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
47° 00 to 47°07. Not south.
Two 150 gallon tanks. We burned way more than we expected and had to turn back east sooner than we wanted. My fuel pucker factor was high.

Reactions: GregE
Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Holy Thirsty girl!!... My loose math has you about 190ish miles on the day.

Maybe somewhere below pinned on the throttles would make the pain at the pump less.:-):frehya2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2016
Graham, WA
Name
Mike
Boat
280 Weldcraft Cuddy King / 20’ Alumaweld Super Vee
Thanks for the report Laurence. Despite all the dismal reports. The weather looks to good out of Ilwaco tomorrow not to give it a shot. Gonna head SW with my fingers crossed, Lucky pineapple strapped to the boat.....does the lucky pineapple work on the west coast? Anyways we’re gonna give er hell and hope for the best!

Upvote 0

Corey G

Boat ho extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2010
Tacoma, Wa USA
Name
Corey Guild
Boat
Gravy
As far a chovie recipes go... We turned some into some crab last weekend. That’s the best I got. That or pizza...

Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
Caesar dressing? A whole shitload of it?

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
The commercial fleet that has their AIS's on are at least outside of 126 yesterday. This morning outside of 127. A couple in the area of Cobb seamount.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Holy Thirsty girl!!... My loose math has you about 190ish miles on the day.

Maybe somewhere below pinned on the throttles would make the pain at the pump less.:-):frehya2:

below pinned? Is that real? I’m not sure they are able to stay there. Hahaha

Upvote 0

Fisker FiKill

Crazy Ivan
Jun 19, 2015
Olalla
Name
Bill
Boat
Wooldridge
I was going to fly back from Covid ville Florida tomorrow try it, but thanks to you guys reports ill stay another week and ride out the mini hurricane, and try it mid August. Thanks for burning the fuel and getting out there! Now good luck to my friends on their way now to Ilwako to try it this weekend. TL's!

Upvote 0

Draht vom Hoko

Almost A Member
Mar 11, 2012
Bremerton & Hoko, WA
www.vomHoko.com
Name
Joel Davis
Boat
Shamrock 260 Cuddy LE Keel Drive; Cummins 6BT5.9M 210 HP
I was going to fly back from Covid ville Florida tomorrow try it, but thanks to you guys reports ill stay another week and ride out the mini hurricane, and try it mid August. Thanks for burning the fuel and getting out there! Now good luck to my friends on their way now to Ilwako to try it this weekend. TL's!
Bill, things should be looking up with the warm water making a strong surge NE last Sat.

Upvote 0