sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Went fishing out of Westport yesterday. One of my buddies lost his iPhone11 when it fell out of his jacket pocket into the water when he was getting out of the boat. It is probably a lost cause at this point but I did find a test done by CNET where they put an iPhone11 down 30 feet in Monterey Bay for 30 minutes and it had no problems. His work will likely replace the phone but it still maybe worth a couple hundred for parts. If anyone is interested in trying to find it send me a PM and I will let you know where he thinks it is.

Reactions: Salmon King
Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Couple hundred in parts - couple hundred in dive fees = I’m not good at math but I’d be looking for a new phone.

Jan 5, 2011
Kenmore WA
Name
Kurt Kettel
Boat
18' Tiderunner
I paid a kid $20 to dive down & grab my Honda 10hp prop (that I dropped at the Edmonds Marina!)....it was 35 years ago and the kid was thrilled to get his cash. Bummer about the phone Steve...I took a customer out coho fishing a few years back; front pockets while bending over near water aren't a good combo....

YellowJet
YellowJet
Dropped my Brutus pot puller arm this summer in 10-12 feet of water off west beach. Stripped, attempted to retrieve, and received an instant education on how quickly the cold water can affect the body. Took about 30-45 seconds before my brain said this is not good. I did catch 2 silvers that day.

Sekiu 7/6-7/11. Cannot wait to get back on the water in May. Good on all y’all that are already out.
Upvote 0

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
If it’s in the marina it may be already sunken into the sludge. I don’t think that bottom is sandy or rocky. I would be terrified to see what was down there.

nice work to get out fishing this early. Hope you did well.

Reactions: YellowJet

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Daughter lost her I-11 while loading the boat (had it in her waist band..not smart) at Des Moines for a camping trip at Blake last summer. We had insurance on it, but they said we needed the original to cash in the policy. There are all sorts of diver's cards at the boards on each dock. Called one and was there in 5 minutes.

He said it happens ALL the time. However it was in about 20' of water. He was down for about 15 minutes and found it about 15' from where she dropped it. I-phones flutter when they go down (makes sense) and can be a ways from the drop point. He had a metal detector and he said there was 2-3' of sludge down there, the only way he found it was with the detector. I always tell my wife not to buy insurance on electronics, however this time it worked out, except for the diving fee......$150..ouch..

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Daughter lost her I-11 while loading the boat (had it in her waist band..not smart) at Des Moines for a camping trip at Blake last summer. We had insurance on it, but they said we needed the original to cash in the policy. There are all sorts of diver's cards at the boards on each dock. Called one and was there in 5 minutes.

He said it happens ALL the time. However it was in about 20' of water. He was down for about 15 minutes and found it about 15' from where she dropped it. I-phones flutter when they go down (makes sense) and can be a ways from the drop point. He had a metal detector and he said there was 2-3' of sludge down there, the only way he found it was with the detector. I always tell my wife not to buy insurance on electronics, however this time it worked out, except for the diving fee......$150..ouch..
Sounds like your daughters phone was toast after the saltwater soak?

Reactions: EJ Swanny