bertman

Almost A Member
Aug 25, 2010
Centralia/WA/US
Name
bert grylls
Boat
23' NR Seahawk
Bertman on 68 for Thursday Tuna, Will throw in electric reels for shits and giggles, but want to hammer some tuna, hoping I have wasted enough money so far to find them

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Bertman on 68 for Thursday Tuna, Will throw in electric reels for shits and giggles, but want to hammer some tuna, hoping I have wasted enough money so far to find them
    Hah, you and me both:)

Upvote 0

Gmac23

Jul 8, 2019
    WA
    Name
    G McMichael
    Boat
    Mainstem
    20 tuna for us today around these numbers, 1/2 on troll, 1/2 on bait/iron. Lots of small groups of jumpers. Nice ocean after we were out a ways

DA38F2A0-F997-40A4-9B23-CF462710065F.jpeg

Upvote 0

Southocg

Nov 27, 2012
    Coeur D Alene Idaho
    fsfabco.com
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Tail Whip
    Everything worked out pretty good for the WP maiden voyage. Not the ride I expected in the morning but that eventually came around as did the water. Started out on a 250ish out of WP at 5:30 after a scoop. At 10:45 we ended up almost straight west at about the 125.6 with no other boat within 12 miles (that I could see on the radar). Basically 60 miles.

Didn’t see any life and the water wasn’t quite there. Color was off and couldn’t find anything better than 62.8. Ultimately decided to give it try and was bit inside 5 minutes on a cedar plug. Nothing came up on bait and no fish on the finder. Ended up working what I thought was a lifeless area for about an hour and a half.

As we continued to fish the area, water kept getting better and better. As the water got better so did the fishing and bird activity. We had birds in every direction but most of the action was to our East. Finding birds and fishing East in perfect water at 64.2 for the next 10 miles and not a boat in site. Had multiple areas of boilers going and an almost instant bite when you got in the zone. Multiple doubles and a triple but my help was lacking big time so that triple was a little more like a shit show.

Fished our way East until we were out of room, saw good water even at 25 miles West of WP. Ended up with 23 and I suspect today ends up being the better of the two days.

All things considered - not a bad day. And the ride home was the icing.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Mark Mead

Dapooh
    Jul 26, 2015
    Graham
    Name
    DaPooh
    Boat
    24' Alaskan Hewescraft
    Very Nice. Wish we would'a did Tuna Thursday rather than the single silver and and limits of sea bass.

Upvote 0