masterrep

Sep 14, 2009
Federal Way WA
Www.Customplusdistributing.com
Name
Bob Oliver
Boat
26 ft North River OS
Fished out of westport on Monday great day on the water had a 5 person crew including myself. Caught fish on troll and at bait stops best bait stop was 12. We had issues with bait tank lost a hose clamp so had some down time playing around with tank. Total cound for the day was 38 fish including a 36 pounder that Matt Pollack landed. A 36 pound Tuna looks like a freak fish when compared to the regular 20 pounders. When that fish came aboard we just went wow thats waesome. We had a very good grade of fish on Monday several larger fish 25 pounds no peanuts. The attached photo from Matt showing the 36 pound compared against a 20 pound.
Did salmon yesterday did teh 25 mile run to 240 feeet of water and way north got our limits of fish small silivers and kings to long of run for small salmon.

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 67

masterrep

Sep 14, 2009
Federal Way WA
Name
Bob Oliver
Boat
26 ft North River OS
Looks like you don't use ice, how do they hold up sans ice?
We have a full tote of ice. What you are seeing is fish from a bait stop that need to be bleed out in our 50 gallon drum. Aftter they bleed out we have them on ice and actualy turn the fish in the fish hold through out the day. Our tuna are actualy super cold by the time we get to the dock it really makes a big differnce in regards to how you ice them during the day.

Glad Wrap

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Scott
Boat
boat whore
We have a full tote of ice. What you are seeing is fish from a bait stop that need to be bleed out in our 50 gallon drum. Aftter they bleed out we have them on ice and actualy turn the fish in the fish hold through out the day. Our tuna are actualy super cold by the time we get to the dock it really makes a big differnce in regards to how you ice them during the day.

I think the reason why he asked was because the kill bag back in port and the cooler is full of fish without any ice seen in the pics.

Nice report and some nice grade fish

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
ok I can see how someone would think that. The photo's were mostly at end of the day we pull everything out of the ice to take some pictures. Then we end up getting them back on ice while they are being cleaned.

Cool. I was going to ask the same thing. We read tons of repOrts with high numbers, and I'm struggling to see how guys in smaller boats are properly icing their fish. Glad to hear you had a full tote and took proper care of the resource.

Nice fish too!

masterrep

Sep 14, 2009
Federal Way WA
Name
Bob Oliver
Boat
26 ft North River OS
Cool. I was going to ask the same thing. We read tons of repOrts with high numbers, and I'm struggling to see how guys in smaller boats are properly icing their fish. Glad to hear you had a full tote and took proper care of the resource.

Nice fish too!
Yeah I figure at about 38 fish we are pretty full. I can get about 20 plus fish in the fish hold then add the fish bag which is awesome and then the large Costco cooler we are loaded. Could carry another cooler and strap it to the top for more but would start cutting the heads off before we do that. The full tote is 700 pounds of shaved ice then we add about 3 boxs of rock salt during the day and its super cold. Our fish our super nice aftre they are cleaned and ready to can or vacum pack really happy with the quality.

chuck crosby

Sep 18, 2010
Mulilteo WA USA
Name
Chuck Crosby
Boat
DETERMINED
Bob, it was nice to see your post. Good for you guys out there Monday. You didn't mention were you went to get all of those Albies.

I gave you our numbers at the dock there Sunday night when we were pulling out to get fuel and we expected to see you out there. I called for you a couple of times and wondered what happened to you when you didn't answer.

We just couldn't get em to stick with us Monday so its good to see someone got it going somewhere.

DaKanati

Captain
Mar 17, 2009
belfair,washington
Name
Josh
Boat
272 Sailfish "ManCave"
Sweet report, we were out there monday also and didnt have nearly the success, we ended the day with 12. If you dont mind putting up the numbers Ide be interested in knowing where they were biting at! thanks