JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Departed the ramp at six with my oldest son and a friend from work ran straight out to the pinnacle dropped lures starting 2 miles short and worked the birds. No hits we were pulling 6 lures 7-10" in every color combo I could think of Worked the area for an hour then ran the ledge to V bouy then in to the 40 fathom line then home. No hits or knockdowns. The morning looked the most promising with all the bird activity around the pinnacle. Saw someone bring in a 600+ lb Blue in while we were getting the boat on the trailer,great catch for the crew. Hope everyone else had some better luck. Might be heading out again tommorrow I'll send another report if I do, hopefully the next one has some meat on it.

v/r joe

jonesd055

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 20, 2006
Hawaii Kai
Name
Jonesy
Boat
20', Calais, Shilelagh Law
Looks like water temps have dropped down to the same lows before the ahi arrived....Good luck tomorrow. Thanks for the report Joe.

chuck merkel

Jun 18, 2007
Hawaii
Name
Chuck Merkel
Boat
21 foot Force Marine, Joslyn M
More of the same for us as well. U/w from Waianae a little after 0500. Took a knock down at the pinnacle outside Nanakuli - probably an ahi on a black salmon lure. Trolled up to CO and then back. Saw several bird piles working small aku - only interested in what was hungry for them. We saw one pod of pilot whales outside S buoy. Post clean up a couple of other lures had also been hit - probably by small fish. Better luck next time.

grander007

May 10, 2007
Honolulu
Name
zzzz
Boat
46, Bertram, Deep Blue
same area yesterday - same story: dead - heard of one large marlin (I guess the folks above saw it afterwards) and one ahi - that's it - lots of boats out there all working the same area - both the pinnacle and another 5-10 miles further out

we just increased our carbon footprint and mailed a little soot to Obama in memory of GM

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
With the new Cap and Tax coming that carbon footprint is going to get expensive. I may have to hang sheets from the T-top and sail out to the FADs.