A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
upload_2018-7-11_10-54-46.jpeg

Left sd bay late made minimacs but grabbed a scoop of little 4 inch deans went to islands first, dirty brown green water wont fish that so ran went north west of tuna canyon metered tons of fish and bait at 50 ft saw yft boiling threw poppers and irons at them to no avail . Shut motor off chummed stayed away from other boats in our own little zone which was blue 72.4 h2o Had bft plunker bite on light line and minimacs fish caught on 20 and 25 lb seaguar . My buddy got freightrained by one which was classic, deep hooked and sawed off eventually. Fish came to the boat from 2 to 4 pm and were ready for our hot baits. Got out late went in early went 2 for 4 light line. Fish conditions not spots. Birds no help today. Saw sporties a couple miles north and west and east of us. Couldnt find a paddy to save our lives until way inside on the way home. No yellowtail or yft but 2 nice bft. Been fishing that islands bite for a while now a nice little change scenery. Long time Bloodydecks lurker multiple generation sd native and waterman and surfer. I am big solid guy to 6 3 205 for perspective. Still think sd is greatest city. Aloha Hope this helps

tunacraze

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 27, 2006
Santee
Name
Steve Brunton
Boat
The Big Ones
Solid! That seems to be the ticket. Find the area, shut down, and soak. I know they shy away from any kind of engine/generator noise.

Reactions: Whiskey Line

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
Solid! That seems to be the ticket. Find the area, shut down, and soak. I know they shy away from any kind of engine/generator noise.
I have always done better on bft with motor off hot bait and letting them feed naturally and come to my boat they are such smart fish, boat doesnt carry enough chum/bait anyways to chum them up, so do what we can, only have a full scoop capacity. They have such great eyes and see hooks line and can feel the motor vibration. Great instincts and survivors. Those yft had no interest in our offerings though plus other boats chasing them. We trolled cedar plugs and purple and black on way in nada. I would wait for a chloro shot before going to islands dirty h2o. Good luck out there i will be out next week