doug wille

_BigWille
Aug 20, 2017
Santa Monica
Name
doug
Boat
freedom boat club; light load open party where the fish are
My most awesome deckhand gave me the dope on where the Bluefin were yesterday so we headed to the West End this morning. chased lots of small grade Bluefin jumping out of the water, eating all of our live chum right next to the boat and splashing us when they landed without eating anything we offered them with a line and hook attached. chased them around for five to six hours for no luck. Tried everything. we weren't the only ones in fact we didn't see the single tuna hooked for the first 6 hour or so hours of the day. made a decision to run back into the island from the Northwest positions we were given and when we got to the major bank for the island saw some bent poles so we set up a long drift outside of our neighbors and two casts with hot Dean's= 2nice grade 40 to 50 lb bft!

Before setting up on the long drift we dropped down to 20 lb fluoro with some sort of trout hook I dug out of my tackle box I guess it was a # 4 copper mustad but barely looked like an earring on sardines nose.

Stay closer to the island...

We metered huge fish while trolling into the island to look for yellows...only found fun light workout bones galore.

Sushi off the knife tonight was amazing!

Sorry for the voice to txt translation typos in the original post, long day and i wanted to get our info out. Gps #s in meter pick is where we caught them after a lot of hunting.
20200813_070921.jpg

20200813_210444.jpg

1597384282839.jpg

Last edited:

ShadowX

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
It was a zoo out there today. Don't even need GPS spots, just look for the gazillion private boats surrounding the cattle boats.

Reactions: solid72

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
Name
Dave
Boat
Kayak
That had to be done on porpoise

the food spread looks amazing. Good job bud.

Reactions: Shewillbemine

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
:urno1:Post of the year :urno1:

Reactions: twtchnfishnjoe

Bobcatt300

Work...., is for people who don't fish....!
Jul 13, 2013
Silverado
Name
Rick
Boat
32' custom sport fisher "Adios". 24' sea pro "Buck Naked"
Capt Devo. I really hope that is sarcasm ??? Either that or you have your manhood hurt each time a girl our fishes you ??

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Man. With that half a jalapeño I see bacon. What else is in there??? Is that a small piece of belly?