West Coast Custom Rod & Tackle Show

Sep 11, 2006
Glendora
www.acidrod.com
Name
Mark
Boat
Yours, lets go!
Well, we already let the Cat out of the bag that we’ve moved the show from Costa Mesa (due to the pending sale of the Fairgrounds) to a much newer and larger facility at the Pasadena Convention Center. Plus, adding the new “twist” of exhibiting and demonstrating “Custom Tackle” in addition to Custom Rods. The latest change that we’ve been working on is taking this from a one day show to two at the request of many of our “fly in” exhibitors as well as visitors who normally work Saturdays.

I’m happy to report that it’s a done deal. The show will run Saturday October 2nd AND Sunday the 3rd. Displays, demonstrations, drawings and seminars will be in full swing both days.

Doc Ski (the self appointed Emperor of West Coast Rod Building) will again be displaying the Custom Rods of builders from around the globe. Anyone who wishes to show a rod in Doc’s booth is welcomed to add it to Doc’s display at no charge. Please get with Doc for details.

We’ve added a number of new vendors from the Fly, Freshwater and “Tackle Craft” world. We will also have several local Conservation groups on hand that have been fighting hard to protect our rights as Fishermen, keep our Forests and Inland Waterways clean, etc... We hope you’ll take the time to thank them for their tireless efforts on your behalf.

We will also be using the show to kick off our 2010 Toys for Tots holiday toy drive. Last year’s toy collection at the Shop was amazing and we hope to blow that away this year. We will have a special drawing pool of tackle and equipment and will be trading those drawing tickets for toys. Bring a toy, get a ticket. Bring two, get two tickets, etc… This drawing will be held Sunday afternoon and you need not be present to win. We’ll have a second pool of drawing prizes that we’ll be calling off hourly for everyone in attendance.

We’re lining up our seminar presenters and exhibitors and will have the show’s website updated with that information soon. For now, please mark your calendars and plan on joining us!

DocSki

Captain
Mar 24, 2007
So. El Monte
Name
James(Doc Ski)Labanowski
Boat
17' Carolina Skiff
Well the big guy obviously cant read. I am not self appointer Emporer of West Coast Rod Building, I am running for the office of Emporer of the Known World DAH!!!! Kind of an inside joke unless you got Rockys book on the subject, Hopefully we will have more books for the show so everyone can have a chuckle

Anyway I really want you guys to get on the build thing. I was great seeing all the techniques and ideas you all used last show. I get some of my best ideas from looking at other peoples work and I am sure it is inspiring to everyone in some way or another. Again I am limiting it to two rods per builder. You dont have to he a Pro either. I dont care if it is your first two rods you have ever built, I want em. Please dont shy away for any reason. This is a fun thing for all of us. Drop me a line if you are interested and how many you are gonna bring.

Nice boat John, Where is the bow mount trolling motor?

graya

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 3, 2005
Fontana CA
Name
Guadalupe Raya
Boat
none
i will be there thanks for putting the show together again for all of us to enjoy

Bill Batson

Bill Batson
Advertiser
Mar 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
Name
Bill Batson
Boat
Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
We at Batson Enterprises (Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS) are looking forward to attending again this year. This will be our 3rd year at this event and I and my Team enjoy meeting all the atendees. We will have our 40' booth stuffed with a wide variety of Rod Blanks and Rod building components. This will be as usual a touch and feel booth. This is one of the best opportunities to see alot of our extensive product line under one roof. We encourage all that are interested to come by and see what we offer. This is a great way to get comfortable about your CHOICE to use our products and services. We will also have distributors there where you can purchase the Quality Batson products from.
I will also be bringing with me 30 -40 of my favorite custom rods from our collection for all to enjoy. These include rods customized by some of the most talented craftsmen in the industry like Doc Ski, Mark Crouse, Wayne Fowlkes, Matt Kotch just to name a few>>
We look forward to another great showing of this Art/Craft/Industry>>

Thank you for the support, without it these types of Lifestyle events would not be possible.

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises.
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
www.batsonenterpries.com
[email protected]
877-875-2381

Capt. G

BD Outdoors Contributor
May 25, 2007
Osaka, Japan
www.bigbait.jp
Name
Capt. G
Boat
黒潮No.2
Hey Mark, just a quick question.
Are there adequate anti-fire sprinklers, and abundant fire extinguishers at every emergency exit?

Capt. G

BD Outdoors Contributor
May 25, 2007
Osaka, Japan
www.bigbait.jp
Name
Capt. G
Boat
黒潮No.2
WHAT IS A ANTI-FIRE SPRINKLER? DO YOU SET IT OFF BEFORE A FIRE STARTS?
Of course you set it off before a fire starts.
If everything in the building is wet, the chance of fire is close to zero.
Every heard of fire prevention?
Get sum.
Again.

Sep 11, 2006
Glendora
www.acidrod.com
Name
Mark
Boat
Yours, lets go!
Just an FYI, the site was updated today with some new vendors as well as the seminar list. www.WestCoastCustomRodShow.com

I hope you'll also join me in welcoming some new "staffers"...

Jim Racela (aka: jakuhed) has come aboard to help with communications and will be Mike's "right hand man" on the show floor. Jim's no stranger to custom rods (or BD) and is in fact the man who coined the term "Acid Rod".

Mike St. Clair (St. Clair & Hynes Rodsmiths) is known all over the Country for his Bamboo Rods & Blanks. Mike will be working with a number of the freshwater groups and vendors attending the show as well as helping with advertising.

Pat Griffin (aka: "Dad") is coming out of retirement to help with the Toys For Tots program, as well as being our "door prize nag" working with vendors from around the Country to stuff the door prize booth with give-aways for our hourly drawings.

Welcome aboard Boys!

Comedie

Oct 19, 2007
San Jose, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
NA
Dang Mark, I just went to the site and see you've a ton of exhibitors this time around. Not good news for my wallet, especially with 2 potential days of $$$ drain. Well, at least I didn't note expensive reel makers or breweries in your list. That would be downright painful. :)
Great job guys!

Sep 11, 2006
Glendora
www.acidrod.com
Name
Mark
Boat
Yours, lets go!
Tickets now on sale at Ticketmaster... lol No kidding.

Don't feel like you have to "panic" and get them online because of lines or a sell-out. PCC is handling the gate sales from their ticket windows and promises a minimal wait.

We just did it because we always wanted to say "tickets on sale at Ticketmaster" so we can feel bigtime...

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
Sweet now for sure i will go since this place is 5 mins from my house Vs. a 1hour drive.

bass_blaster

Professional Googan
Jan 23, 2008
La Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
17 ft Grady White CC
Mark, will you have a lot of your website products on sale at the show? In particular I'm looking to buy a bunch of blanks that I can't pull on down here like the batson knife jigging blanks, swimbait blanks, and maybe another jaws blank. Also some alps reel seats too.

Also, are most of the exhibitors going to offer products for sale at the show?

I can't wait for the show, I didn't go last year so I don't know what to expect but I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. Thanks for all your hard work in putting on the show.

Sep 11, 2006
Glendora
www.acidrod.com
Name
Mark
Boat
Yours, lets go!
Mark, will you have a lot of your website products on sale at the show? In particular I'm looking to buy a bunch of blanks that I can't pull on down here like the batson knife jigging blanks, swimbait blanks, and maybe another jaws blank. Also some alps reel seats too.
Yes, yes, yes, and uh... yes. All on sale.

Also, are most of the exhibitors going to offer products for sale at the show?
The majority of them yes. Many of the manufacturers are pretty strick about only selling to/through distribution, but are there with a very wide variety of their line, and the time & knowledge to point you in the right direction. I don't think there will be a lot (if any) products that you can only see, but not buy except for maybe some prototype stuff, but that's all that I can think of.

There's some cool new stuff coming too, probably a few months ahead of being in stores or available online. Save room for closeouts and overstocks. There are some quantities of quality graphite blanks coming from one vendor that made me forget about even packing my crackhead glass blanks. Reel, line, and lure blow-outs, tons of tools, etc, etc, etc...

I don't think anyone will run out of things to spend money on, I'll put it that way. lol

I can't wait for the show, I didn't go last year so I don't know what to expect but I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. Thanks for all your hard work in putting on the show.