Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
As if the playboy too having a shitty day on Friday was not enough, I had a catastrophic engine failure on my new port side yamaha 3.3 liter f250. Engine has about 350 hours since new in April, and after talking with my mechanic we think it had a ring stick. Loaded for a 5am departure to Westport to hang my spare motor. Swing by and have a beer in the parking lot if you are bored!!

image.jpg

TheWoman

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 11, 2009
Olympia
Name
Erica
Boat
Once you go cat, you don’t go back
Daaaaaang y'all, that sucks! Please keep your engine blowing cooties on your side of the float.

I really hooe the repair goes smoothly! Best of luck!

Reactions: wdlfbio
O

oldfisherman#1

Oh man that sucks. Hopefully the warranty covers everything.

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Oh no! Warranty will cover for sure, but the downtime can't be good for your business. However, this weather would have pinned you down for a few days anyway, right? (I was supposed to go with you guys Monday, but the 9ft swell and 3ft wind waves aren't looking good).

Reactions: Mr. Doodles

Deviant

Apr 8, 2010
WA
Name
Tim
Boat
Bounty 293 "KRAKEN"
Bummer Patrick

Wild Bill

Drinking the Suzuki Kool-aid and liking it!
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Well shit that blows Patrick but it looks like you have the tools to make the downtime minimal. Those motors have a great track record so I would think you just got caught on the wrong side of the statistical curve.

Reactions: Walker Inc.

Walker Inc.

Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
Oh no! Warranty will cover for sure, but the downtime can't be good for your business. However, this weather would have pinned you down for a few days anyway, right? (I was supposed to go with you guys Monday, but the 9ft swell and 3ft wind waves aren't looking good).
I will be up and running by noon tomorrow. If the weather allows we will fish. Just glad I have a spare motor. The guys at Lighthouse Marine came through in the clutch with a used counter rotating lower unit. Yamaha should have all the warranty figured out in a couple weeks. Really more of a pain in the ass than anything. Worst part is the cowls and paint won't match!!

elim

Nov 22, 2007
Tacoma
Name
Eli McBee
Boat
the yellow boat 23' ACB
Just happen to have a $20000 spare motor????

T2shortB

Nice fanny pack Fag!!!
Jul 6, 2009
Belfair, WA
Name
Todd Brown
Boat
Defiance 250EX GOT FISH?
At least you have a spare laying around.... your foresight will leave you with almost no down time! If i didn't have plans with mamma and the little ones I'd follow you down and help out broham

Reactions: Genie Aye

T2shortB

Nice fanny pack Fag!!!
Jul 6, 2009
Belfair, WA
Name
Todd Brown
Boat
Defiance 250EX GOT FISH?
Shit, I might head down patrick, I could still be home in time to the family stuff anyway.. I'll call you

Reactions: Walker Inc.

Walker Inc.

Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
Just happen to have a $20000 spare motor????
It's one of the originals from when I bought the boat. I had one fail back in febuary due to my own negligence after I bought the boat and had to repower. The problem was that it was the counter rotating unit at that time as well, and the lower unit took the brunt of the damage after we finnaly got it off(read destroyed). Got lucky on the counter rotating lower unit at Lightjouse. Should be able to sell it for close to what i paid in a few weeks when I get my new motor back!

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
I love guys who keep old motors sitting around for a rain day

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009