Welcome to HI:

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Kai330, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Kai330

Kai330 Newbie

Name:
    CJ
    Boat:
    Kaika
    While working over in Las Vegas, we met an avid fisherman from TN. After trading fishing stories, we discovered that all of us were on the same flight home . With this being his first trip to HI and the idea that we had planned to fish the eastside the following morning, I threw out the invite. Jason said he was planning on "hanging out" at the airport until his friend Jake was pau work at Scholfield. Hang out at the airport for 10 hours or go fishing on your first visit to the islands, tough call eh?

We arrived in Honolulu at 04:30am and were in the water at 0800. Heading out towards U we decided to chance em & see if we could find T (Still can't find T). Anyone?

In the middle of trading some stories and jokes, "bang & screeeem!!!" on the stinger that my buddy Jack had just changed out (Matsu pink pearl from POP). A little story behind Jack, this guy is a fishing machine (eats, breathes & well you get the idea.). Jack clearly runs the lines and the lures & no one dares trespass on his territory. Like a kid with ADHD and a six pack of energy drinks, Jack is always on the move. I'm pretty sure if someone peels his shirt back, it would expose some gills!

There was that moment where everyone looked at each other in disbelief followed by the fire-drill. The fish dove straight down taking a few yards of line with her and stayed there for awhile. After 20-30 minutes of play, she decided to show her colors. We were all looking for some yellow highlights after her vertical run to the abyss. Jason was sporting some xray vision sunglasses from Costal Del Mar and with almost a stutter: "Uh fellas that's a big damn fish!" as he was backing away. With my "Holiday Mart" knock offs, I finally caught a glimpse of the small Marlin as she put on a small dance on the surface.

We finally got her within gaffing range and of course, strike one, strike two and then I finally sunk the shot. Jason's description was that it appeared that the ocean was giving birth as more and more fish came over the rail. Blood on the boat!

After cleaning the boat and the fish, we packaged up some fresh fish for the soldiers out at Scholfield, family and friends. I'm certain this will be a memorable first visit to the islands for Jason.

One act of random kindness at a time.

Aloha Oe!

Attached Files:

2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Instigator General

Name:
    JMH
    Boat:
    Always a good one
  3. jd808

jd808 Newbie

Name:
    JD
    Boat:
    24' Alii Kai "Goose"
    CJ, Jack, and Jason,

Congrats on a fun trip. Way to share the stoke. T is straight out about 2.5 miles from where the coordinates say it should be. At least that's where it was earlier this month when we fished it.

Aloha,
    JD

4. shadzdad

shadzdad Member

Name:
    Darren
    Boat:
    building one
    Nice story, nice fish and even better pics.

5. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    awesome way to show the aloha, good kharma is hunting you!!!

6. changboy

changboy Member

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    "PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
    Now thats one big ALOHA, well done!

7. Fishy Hedz Hawaii

Fishy Hedz Hawaii Lure Making Bumb

Name:
    Teru
    Boat:
    None
    Great job! Congrats on your catch and for showing a visitor what Hawaii is all about, ALOHA! My hats off for your generosity toward J and his soldier buds. Because of our armed forces we live in The Greatest Country in The World and can enjoy our lifestyle which includes: FISHING!

Aloha, T

8. JROLAND

JROLAND "Wings of Lightning"

Name:
    JOE ROLAND
    Boat:
    "007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
    CJ great job. Its something they will never forget and always appreciate. True Aloha spirit.

v/r Joe

9. fetzerb

fetzerb BAMF

Name:
    Ben
    Boat:
    none at the time
    nice one! havent seen T in awhile. But then again I havent been out there in over a month.