Boat Slave
Advertiser
May 20, 2010
Westport, Snoqualmie, Los Suenos
www.AllWashingtonFishing.com
Name
Mark Coleman
Boat
16' Guide, 20' Scout, 29’ Defiance’s Elite, Ultra, Express Style, 31' Luhrs, 42’ Pilothouse
We've had an amazing grade of tuna these past few weeks with an average size of almost 30lbs. Catch counts have been strong with highliner scores like 28, 15, 26, 32, and 19. Once again all 30lb fish so even on bait stops with big volumes of fish, you're limited by how long it takes to land this grade of fish (15-30 minutes, depending on the angler).

The live bait bite is and has been very good. The bird and bait life is tremendous and we're seeing 64-65 degree water at 2-2.5 hours run time from Westport!

PM for details, happy to share.

We're about mid-season right now.

IMG_5690.JPG IMG_5772.JPG IMG_5811.JPG IMG_5828.JPG IMG_5848.JPG IMG_5854.JPG IMG_5908.JPG IMG_5909.JPG IMG_5912.JPG

gmille58

Jul 27, 2017
Mill Creek
Name
Greg M
Boat
Hey Jeffery
Going out tomorrow with your company with my daughter. My first tuna trip, and her first trip out of Westport period. I cant wait. Hope for good weather, good sea conditions, and good catching!

Reactions: Elkhunter001

Marlin Mike

pimpin aint cheap
Dec 11, 2007
Snohomish, WA
Name
Mike
Boat
boat ho now gimme a call
Looks good for tomorrow

dany08fa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 5, 2008
Olympia
Name
Daniel
Boat
High Hopes
I gotta get out there asap! thanks for the report mark!

MarkColeman

Boat Slave
Advertiser
May 20, 2010
Name
Mark Coleman
Boat
16' Guide, 20' Scout, 29’ Defiance’s Elite, Ultra, Express Style, 31' Luhrs, 42’ Pilothouse
Seems youre down south a bit, assuming shake and bake is the one out of Illwaco? Nice fish, although some of those pics are old brothero_O
We met in the middle!

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Too far for me to run .............
Ap

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
They have been giants..... whats in store for oct. thanks Mark for willing to share intel.....

Reactions: Cohoho

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Are those giants in Washington? I only ask because I've seen a handful of near 50lbers in so cal when I was younger. Last one was 46lbs on the new loan in the late 2000s or there about.

I know in the early 80s.....

Reactions: jbarto

MarkColeman

Boat Slave
Advertiser
May 20, 2010
Name
Mark Coleman
Boat
Are those giants in Washington? I only ask because I've seen a handful of near 50lbers in so cal when I was younger. Last one was 46lbs on the new loan in the late 2000s or there about.

I know in the early 80s.....
Yeah this is out of Westport, WA. We see lots of fish in the 30's every season and some in the 40's. The biggest we've caught is 47. What a fish. The state record is around 52.

Reactions: Joelsk15

MarkColeman

Boat Slave
Advertiser
May 20, 2010
Name
Mark Coleman
Boat
They have been giants..... whats in store for oct. thanks Mark for willing to share intel.....
I'm scared to find out . Yesterday we had big ones and little ones which is awesome to see another grade show up. Fishing was excellent yesterday

Reactions: easydoesit86

talltale

Feb 20, 2008
yucaipa
Name
chris
Boat
23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
Nice! Still no Albacore down here. Won't see any again until the South Pacific islands and Asian countries start a reasonable management program. Sad. Be safe out there, guys.That pic of you all on the one side of the boat was a red flag for me. One rogue wave gonna capsize that boat.

blindpig

Aug 25, 2010
Lynden
Name
Erik
Boat
25' Kingfisher
I'm scared to find out . Yesterday we had big ones and little ones which is awesome to see another grade show up. Fishing was excellent yesterday

Figures...we hit the one day they aren't biting.:Bawling_e

As of late anyway.

Jun 8, 2014
Forest Grove
Name
Mike
Boat
Any Long Range Boat
Took a two day trip last week on the MS Magoo out of west port the Albie fishing was slow we only had 38 fish, no big deal fishing is fishing still had fun being out. But the Bad part of the Trip was that the RSW system was not working the why it should have been. The crew pulled the fish out of the Hold and proceeded to clean the fish you could tell that the fish just didn't look good. Long story sort by the time I got home with the fish on ice, I started to process my catch and all the fish was soft and mush, not cool. I called the boat the next day and they claimed that there system was working great and they have never had a problem. They didn't even offer to make it right, Its all about the customer service. That was a Ghetto Trip never on that boat again. FYI the fish were all 25 to 30lbs.

Alice1952

Jul 17, 2015
Name
Alice Archer
Boat
Real predator
Took a two day trip last week on the MS Magoo out of west port the Albie fishing was slow we only had 38 fish, no big deal fishing is fishing still had fun being out. But the Bad part of the Trip was that the RSW system was not working the why it should have been. The crew pulled the fish out of the Hold and proceeded to clean the fish you could tell that the fish just didn't look good. Long story sort by the time I got home with the fish on ice, I started to process my catch and all the fish was soft and mush, not cool. I called the boat the next day and they claimed that there system was working great and they have never had a problem. They didn't even offer to make it right, Its all about the customer service. That was a Ghetto Trip never on that boat again. FYI the fish were all 25 to 30lbs.
Oh shit, you just stepped in a pile. These assholes up here have nothing better to do than kiss each other's asses and fuck with somebody for speaking the truth. Good luck sorry to hear your trip was crappy Dave is usually a real standup guy.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Too bad you didn't speak up when you had your initial concern. Kinda tough 24 hours and 200 miles later. Nobody is perfect, but I've yet to hear anything very bad about Dave.

Bummer your flesh wasn't to your satisfaction!

gmille58

Jul 27, 2017
Mill Creek
Name
Greg M
Boat
Hey Jeffery
We ended up going on Wednesday as planned. Trip was great, and have fish to process at home now that I am recovered from the long day on the boat then the drive home. Since I am a newbie at all this, I planned on canning some and freezing some in vacuum bags for later.

Since the fish were bagged up per fish, I can tell the difference between the top loins and bottom loins, and IIRC I saw somewhere that the bottom (belly side) loins were not as good for eating, so I planned on canning them, am I correct on that?

My daughter and I on the way back in during picture time.

tuna trip.jpg

NWGuy

Kid's smiles are the best!
Jul 31, 2009
Lake Tapps
Name
Bryan Grant
Boat
16', ancient, money pit
Nice fish, and BIG smiles!

blindpig

Aug 25, 2010
Lynden
Name
Erik
Boat
25' Kingfisher
We ended up going on Wednesday as planned. Trip was great, and have fish to process at home now that I am recovered from the long day on the boat then the drive home. Since I am a newbie at all this, I planned on canning some and freezing some in vacuum bags for later.

Since the fish were bagged up per fish, I can tell the difference between the top loins and bottom loins, and IIRC I saw somewhere that the bottom (belly side) loins were not as good for eating, so I planned on canning them, am I correct on that?

My daughter and I on the way back in during picture time.

View attachment 863825

Depends on what you want to use them for. The belly side is much fattier and better tasting in my opinion cooked. The top loins will give you a much better presentation for sashimi and not as greasy. That being said, I've also had tuna belly sashimi and it was excellent also.;)

Depending on how much you have, i would cut yourself some nice loin pieces for meals/freezing and can the ends.