Name
Andre
Boat
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
So who went out?

IMG_20210506_181449.jpg

GregE
GregE
You sure have a full bend on that rod! What brand/ weight rating?
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
  • Sep 25, 2008
    Westport/Renton
    Name
    Cap't Paul
    Boat
    V-20 Wellcraft w/200 G2
    That wasn't westport...lol hardchargin...
    3 sport boats went out, 0 stayed out and 0 fish caught.
    Tornado is only charter that went, but they weren't out long either.

Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    Looks like you upgraded your motor.
    That wasn't westport...lol hardchargin...
    3 sport boats went out, 0 stayed out and 0 fish caught.
    Tornado is only charter that went, but they weren't out long either.

Lol maybe I have a super secret special spot at Westport that's always calm.... That was Hein on Thursday. I lost a fish that got wrapped in the chum bag and I'm lifting the downrigger ball.

Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    Or he's trying to recover it after his bathtub filled with water and became structure.

The motor almost became structure last week and I just about fell in the drink. I was standing up ripping her wide open past the Coast guard station I hit a little bit of a wake wave and the motor turned sideways. Thankfully it shut itself off but it was only held on by one of the two mounting screws. I have now added checking the hand screws to my pre launch checklist!

• Wow
    Reactions: bdrlgion
    Upvote 0

Cohoho

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 19, 2010
    Lake Tapps, Washington
    Name
    Cohoho
    Boat
    COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
    Curious to why the urge to be on swim step fighting a fish from the bottom? I get when we’re tuna fishing and the need to get around motors or whatever but a piece of plywood coming straight doesn’t rip around the boat, just curious why put self in such a position of potential problems in the ocean... By far- I’m not a safety freak but??????

Reactions: RazorJack
    Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    Curious to why the urge to be on swim step fighting a fish from the bottom? I get when we’re tuna fishing and the need to get around motors or whatever but a piece of plywood coming straight doesn’t rip around the boat, just curious why put self in such a position of potential problems in the ocean... By far- I’m not a safety freak but??????

If standing on the swim step on a calm day is risky to you then we have very different definitions of the word.

Upvote 0

ledbed6b

Jun 21, 2010
    Shoreline WA
    Name
    Eli
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    I guess I’m just not into swimming.. Good luck in your adventures!

You know you're talking to a guy who goes out in a bathtub, with an antique motor, that's not securely fastened, and has a tendency to almost lose props right? Something tells me he's not the most safety focused individual in the first place....

Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    You know you're talking to a guy who goes out in a bathtub, with an antique motor, that's not securely fastened, and has a tendency to almost lose props right? Something tells me he's not the most safety focused individual in the first place....

You know what they say- looks like and idiot, acts like an idiot and talks like and idiot it's probably.... wait a minute! That's me you're talking about!!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    @GregE Its a Triton that I got from Englunds. I believe the rating is to 80#. Accurate 500N with 50# Berkeley Saltwater Prospec Braid. I'm lifting a 15# downrigger ball in that pic.

Reactions: GregE
    Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt

Swimsteps must be outlawed!

Thsts the best seat in the house imo

Reactions: Hard Chargin'
    Upvote 0

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
    Lake Tapps, Washington
    Name
    Cohoho
    Boat
    COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
    Swimsteps must be outlawed!

Thsts the best seat in the house imo
    Maybe the best seat when taking a shit between the motors. I was young and fearless once too but finally starting to wise up! To each thier own.. I really could care a less - was more curious than anything. But if you want to make it about proving the Darwin Theory exists I’m game!

Reactions: EJ Swanny
    Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    Pretending like it's black and white is ridiculous. I'm on the swim step all the time. Does my 85 YO grandpa fish back there? No. Do I stand on the swim step when we are under way? No. Do I fish back there when I'm alone? No. Do I stand back there in flat ass seas when I'm not alone? Yes.

Now I am a agile, nimble, strong young idiot. If you're old, fat, bad knees, bad back, bad balance etc then maybe it's not a good idea but for any healthy active person it's not a bad idea if the ocean conditions are right.

That's how I feel about it but call me an idiot if you want.

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    Maybe the best seat when taking a shit between the motors. I was young and fearless once too but finally starting to wise up! To each thier own.. I really could care a less - was more curious than anything. But if you want to make it about proving the Darwin Theory exists I’m game!
    Ha! I knew swanny was gonna like that!!

The man is standing on a swim step on his own accord not holding a baby out a 3rd story window.

He gets hammered because he does alot of things that most of us consider reckless but standing on the swim step is probably the least of them!

In a world where safety is sucking the life out of this world I'm starting to appreciate his style.

On the Grady the euro transom proved to be my favorite spot. But at least I made some rails for it.

Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    .Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
    Standing on the swim step. . .what a stupid thing to argue about. I like this Chargin' guy!
    fb

Upvote 0

punted coho

Jan 29, 2013
    buckley wa
    Name
    josh
    Boat
    Yes
    I spend a lot of time on the swim step. Not usually by choice. Typically to shit or untangle 20 yards of braid from a prop or whatever the dong beaters get tangled up in. Sometimes I like to step back there to piss as well. I feel like at least once in my life I need to fish with @Hard Chargin'. Looks like an adventure. We’ll take my boat though.

Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    I spend a lot of time on the swim step. Not usually by choice. Typically to shit or untangle 20 yards of braid from a prop or whatever the dong beaters get tangled up in. Sometimes I like to step back there to piss as well. I feel like at least once in my life I need to fish with @Hard Chargin'. Looks like an adventure. We’ll take my boat though.

Just tell me where we are meeting, how much bait to bring and if you want fuel money up front!

Upvote 0

sharkster

Almost A Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Westport wa usa
    Name
    Robert Anderson
    Boat
    17 Arima Sharkster
    Andrey at least wear an inflatable vest while on swim step so they can recover your body and you do not feed the crabs. You go in water is so cold you will gulp some salt water as you go under. And also if fish with your 80 year old partner he can not bring you half frozen body over the funnel. Weah I see the swim step. No I have not gone in but have pulled too many drunk ass guys out if water while at the dock. One guy twice within half hour. Threw him into his cutty and locked the door on outside walked an away before he got out again. Told his girl friend to take his clothes off and wrap him on a blanket.

Upvote 0