JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
I'm going to head out Thursday and hopefully put my 1st real Ahi in the boat. It looks to be nice off the NS up til the weekend. Lokking to fish the 1000 fathom and X bouy. It might be the last trip on the SEANICjr. If anyone else is heading out give me a call on the VHF no CB on the boat. Isthe J bouy still out there? Last time I could not pick it up and I think I was in the vicinity, it was rough and I am vertically challenged maybe I just missed it.

navyaircrew

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 27, 2007
Trollin' Dirty 96744
Name
Scott
Boat
2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
I usually call Warren , he's a great guy to talk to... he'll tell you the confirmed coord's of where the buoy was dropped.. just keep in mind, you may know this, but the point on the GPS is it's reference point reported to NOAA... there's alot of rope on that FAD, so it will move about 2 miles in any direction from it's drop point... makes it tough to find on a choppy day... THE BIRDS are the biggest indicator of where it may be... if you're headed out North Shore... head to the shark buoy by 0500.... i AM able to catch opelu there... use the fish finder... you'll find them... sharks are there also, they munch on the stuff fast, so gotta get them up close to the boat... if you get live opelu, you're in like flint for the FADs... great bait... 5/0 gamakatsu live bait hook, 60lb flourocarbon leader, bout 15 feet of it... head up sea in to the wind and just pain out fishing line... boat going about 2 knots into the wind... free spool line out with the clicker on so it doesn't back lash... again, use the fish finder to see where the fish are hanging at... also, seem to have mahi outside the 1000... i stuck around the FADs too long on Sunday when i should have been heading out to find the birds and current... good luck man... have fun
Warren Cortez
[email protected]
(808) 848-2939 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Warren, Mike thanks for the update. Warren thanks again for the live bait headsup. Hopefully ill have something to report.