El Guero Marinero
Apr 7, 2009
Newport Beach, CA
www.epicpacificcharters.com
Name
Will
Boat
Epic Pacific
Launched outta Dana at 5am...holy shit was it crowded! There were 40 boats lined up at the bait receiver and more boats launching every minute. Finally got bait, good mix of macs and deans! Started making our way down to the 267 and immediately saw a parking lot on the high spot. At least 25 boats just floating around next to each other not catching shit! :D

We said forget this and started heading further south to the 209...same deal...Parking lot FULL! At least another 20-30 boats in the area all catching jack!!! We trolled around for zip zilch nada and decided to get on with it.

By this time it's going on for noon and we feel the skunk setting in. Finally made it to the 181 and spotted a number of really nice paddies, but no one was home! We finally came across a nice paddy with a HUGE Mola Mola on and decided to jump in the water.

Anyhow, we trolled around for another hour or two and finally saw some birds working off in the distance. Came up and saw a paddy and threw out a lively dean which gets picked up on a long soak. My buddy also gets picked up on a mac...Game on!!!:720icon:

Landed a nice 20lb BFT and a 35lb YFT. First fish on the boat for the day! We make another pass and my buddy lands another 20lb class BFT. After that the bite kinda shut down as some nutsack moves in on us!:cussing:

At this point we had enough and figured to finally head back home. On the way we spot another really nice paddy and figured what the hell. We had about 4 macs left in the bait tank so we pinned em on and tossed em out. Immediately get picked up with a nicer 25lb yellowtail. My buddy also gets picked up on a smaller grade yellow and we both get em on the deck. Couldn't be happier. We pin on the last two macs and again I get picked up and land another yellow. But this time my buddy is waiting it out and starts to retrieve his bait when all of a sudden....line starts peeling off the reel. Whadya know...another BFT!

Great day on the water...Final Count:
1 YFT
3 BFT
4 YT

Upvote 0

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
pics or it didnt happen! sounded like a good day.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Pics of a #35 Lb. class yellowfin would really make me congratulate ya.Im gonna go get an ice cold beer,ill be back in a while....;)

Upvote 0