We lost one of the good ones today... RIP SurfDoc aka Stan Stutzka

Discussion in 'Personal News' started by Ali, Oct 23, 2012.

1. BeachbumBA

BeachbumBA Newbie

Name:
    Sirena
    Boat:
    Sirena
    He's swiggin back a Tecate chuckling and saying "So long Suckaaaa's" =(

2. Mike Seneca

Mike Seneca lazy member of the BD community

Name:
    Mike Seneca
    Boat:
    22.5 Larson C.C.
    Clearly our loss. Condolences to his family and friends. Rest In Peace Stan.

3. mafrancis66

mafrancis66 Member

Name:
    Mark Franics
    Boat:
    Sold it!
    How about a special edition Green BD shirt in Stan's honor? I'd buy one!!!

4. mafrancis66

mafrancis66 Member

Name:
    Mark Franics
    Boat:
    Sold it!
    Thank You Shari.... It makes me feel a little better to know that in the end you and Juan were there for him.

5. BeachbumBA

BeachbumBA Newbie

Name:
    Sirena
    Boat:
    Sirena
    Ok, so we are trying to put together a slide show of our Gentle Giant for the vigil/wake, which we will hold in front of Campo Sirena on friday, so if all of you awesome BD peeps who have photo's of Stan could take a minute and send them to [email protected] so that we can put that together we would really appreciate it!

It's important to remember that Stan was over all a happy guy, he was always smiling and cracking wise ones, so it's only fitting that we should smile with him through the tears and toast to his honor, making sure that our goodbye to him is a celebration of his life as well as a mourning of his passing...

We love you Stanibuns!!! Bloody Decks salute to you bro!

6. Simon Bon Bowery

Simon Bon Bowery Lizard Fish Hippie

Name:
    Simon
    Boat:
    Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
    Me too..
    The old school mexican flag one would be cool...

7. BeachbumBA

BeachbumBA Newbie

Name:
    Sirena
    Boat:
    Sirena

I'd totally buy one of those too....make them in kids size too...Izaak wants one!! Make sure it has boobies on it =P:finger::finger::finger:

8. Pachodie

Pachodie Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brandon Paciotti
    Boat:
    Nothing
    Did not know Stan and never met him but he sounded like a true fisherman and awesome guy. Prayers go out to the family.

9. Fiskadoro

Fiskadoro Member

Name:
    Jim Day
    Boat:
    Tin and Plastic
    Though I never actually met Stan in person I feel like I've known him a long time. We've exchanged a lot of info online over the years much of it pre BD and I've spoke with him on the phone many times about Tin boats, Fabrication, Kayaks, Mexico, Fishing, Beer and pretty much everything else you could imagine.

I'll never forget an altercation I had here a few years back when some people were really giving me shit and one guy said they were going to get me banned.

Stan contacted me and said:

Fuckin trouble maker.. LOL

Don't worry about being banned.. Cause I'm the asshole that does that.

Made me feel like a million bucks.

Great guy, Great fisherman, I'm certainly going to miss him.

Jim

10. Smudge

Smudge Moderate

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    I'm just a deckhand...
    I had to think about this a little, but here goes what I have.

There are few bonds between people as strong as those forged during military service. You come to realize very quickly that the person standing next to you may one day very soon be the person who saves your life or who you are called upon to save.

This is true even more so with one navy rate in particular. The rate of Hospital Corpsman. The Doc. IDC's or Independent Duty Corpsmen are our "Docs" in the Navy. Stan was our Doc. The Doc is who you go to. Period. If you're in trouble he is the man. Whether it burns when you pee or your arm is shot off or even if you are just having a bad day, the Doc is who you see or who sees you. They are medically trained to the level of a Nurse Practitioner and beyond. They can do nearly everything that your family doctor can do, everything that a paramedic can do, everything that a triage nurse and a trauma nurse and some things that trauma surgeons can do. And they do all of this under withering hails of fire, a million miles from home with severely limited resources. Hospital Corpsmen have more Medals of Honor than any other rate in the Navy. They are heroes everywhere they serve.

All of us in the Navy and Marines carry a special place in our hearts for our Doc.

There is another place where incredibly strong bonds are formed. That is among fishermen. Very few pastimes present the dangers that plying the sea in search of fish does. There are few places on earth where fun can change to fear and then to terror and death as quickly as on the ocean. We fishermen are careful who we chose to go to sea with. Every one of us would gladly go to sea with Stan.

It's odd. I don't remember the first time I met Stan. It's as though we were always friends. When it came to BD, he was just there. Part of the fabric. I know that when I did meet him, we had an instant bond. He found out that I was in the Navy, and that was it. We were friends. And I fished!? And I body surfed and body boarded!?! Oh dude, we are friends!

A few years ago when I saw Stan and he was going through some bad times he scared me. I thought we going to lose him then. But then he moved to Baja, got settled and got happy. My roommate spends his winters down there. He bumped in to Stan at the horse races and ended up hanging out with him for a few days. Eventually they figured out that both knew me. That didn’t matter. They were already fast friends. That was Stan. If he met you, he was now your friend. You were part of his flock from that moment on and he became your Doc. SurfDoc.

I miss you SurfDoc.

11. rdrrm8e

rdrrm8e Fucking Stan

Name:
    chuck
    Boat:
    No
    Matt

Very well said.

check PM

12. BeachbumBA

BeachbumBA Newbie

Name:
    Sirena
    Boat:
    Sirena

This is so true....it brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face at the same time...yesterday when we got the call from Tony (his GF) the first thing both my mom and I did was reach for our phone's and almost started dialing Stan...then we were like..."Oh shit....that won't work"....Stan was our go to guy....he was the guy that could do pretty much anything...or figure out a way to do it...he was the guy that everyone thought would always be around...

13. Grand Grouper

Grand Grouper Grand Grouper

Name:
    Keith
    Boat:
    Mi Amigos
    I never met Stan, but looked forward to that day. My thoughts and prayers to Stan's family and friends. RIP Stan.

14. Ali

Ali Master of Nothing Admin

Name:
    That Guy
    Boat:
    31' Innovator
    Fucking Stan....

15. OIF VET

OIF VET Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    nope
    Don't know Stan but anyone that served under the same stars and strips that I did is a ok in my book. God bless Stan his family and his friends. Rip Stan and thank you for you service bud.

16. thearabswife

thearabswife BITCH

Name:
    That Redheaded Bitch
    Boat:
    Something Gihad
    So sad.... Thank you Maggie for posting my 2 favorite pics. Loves this man and will have him in my heart always.

17. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    VHF every Saturday:"Slurp Cock, come back... Stan the man on the catamaran you on this one???"

18. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    one of my last pm's with the big lug as i was about to go on R&R leave and he was having an issue.

19. WaaTooSee

WaaTooSee Life is Short, Play Now!

Name:
    Frank
    Boat:
    WaaTooSee
    "Slurp cock, slurp cock, you out there?":rofl::rofl:

god he was a good sport...:hali_parkutuli:

20. Vermonster

Vermonster Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Patti, I am sure you are busy, and maybe even on your way down there, and you have all of our condolences, obviously. I was thinking about my past interactions with Stan, and I had to dig this post up from a past party at Mike's house. Don't know why, but I got a kick out of it. I supplied the "elk burgers" he's referring to, but it appears you provided some of the post-party entertainment for Stan....... Makes me laugh....