fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Just learned Mike McElravy "Muskie Mike" has passed away. He was a great human being and I will miss him on our annual July 8 day. RIP Muskie Mike.

fishdoggary

I do what I want Bitch!
Aug 23, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Gary
Boat
Intrepid
Mike has fished with us since we started the Ray Jarvis Memorial. He was my roomie a couple times. Really good guy. Sorry to see him leave us so soon.

BirdnestBill

Farmer
Jan 7, 2010
La Guaira Bank, Los Roques, Eastern Pacific
Name
Bill
Boat
Porque' No?
What? Another total character for sure. He had an unforgettable laugh...often my buddy hangin' out in our chairs on the stern, talking about nothing-and everything at the same time.

We were out there a looong time when running toward the barn on the last trip. He, as always was covered head to toe with a safari hat, long sleeves and pants, etc. We were burning beers and the sun was burning everything else, including the only exposed part of his body-the top of his hands. I didn't notice that until he showed me at dinner the HUGE blisters....OUCH!

Muskie Mike, a big part of you will stay at the rocks and on the boat with us...where you belong. RIP

Reactions: Anglewood

$norkle

Well-Known "Member"
May 6, 2008
Corvallis,OR
Name
Bruce
Boat
In my dreams!
I'm stunned. He was my roomie last July-----yeah, always had that notable laugh. He was just down in Mexico on a fishing trip. Passed way to soon. RIP Muskie Mike.

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
So sorry to hear of this earlier today. Such a great guy, and never a bad thing to say. I won't forget that laugh or the good times in the Gumba Lounge. He will be missed on the RJ trip next year.

Here's a shot of Mike with a YFT from the Ray Jarvis Memorial trip this past summer.

Here's another of Mike (second from the right) hangin' out in the Gumba Lounge on the way up the line in 2014.

Tight lines buddy...

-Connor

Shooter

Apr 28, 2003
Goleta, Ca
Visit site
WOW. Fished with him a couple of times and was looking forward to do it again this coming summer. He will be missed. Truly a shock.

The Bushman

The Bushman
Mar 5, 2005
El Cajon
Name
Ken Bush
Boat
everyone elses
Wow... another good one off to Davy Jones locker. We'll miss ya Mike... RIP.