wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Islander
Just off the phone with my partner in crime Willy. Yesterday afternoon his dad, the Hall of Fame golfer Billy Casper Sr passed away.
Right now, Willy just needs some time and space. He said he appreciates all the thoughts and prayers, but he's going to need some time before he starts answering his phone.
He's almost to his mom's house, couldn't sleep so he drove there. His mom is doing ok, still hasn't set in that Bill Sr is gone.
Keep the whole family in your prayers please.

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    Enjoyed fishing with Bill Sr. Prayers sent to Willy and family, sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.

Upvote 0

alan760

Dec 7, 2003
    Encinitas, CA
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    American Angler
    Sorry to hear of his passing. Saw his picture on the wall every day in high school. CVHS 1981

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    We lost a true gentleman….I had the honor of fishing and sharing a stateroom with him on a couple occasions a nicer person you will never meet….RIP Mr. Billy Casper

Upvote 0

The Bushman

The Bushman
    Mar 5, 2005
    El Cajon
    Name
    Ken Bush
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Sorry to hear of your loss Willy, my thoughts And prayers are with you and the family.

Upvote 0

themacs

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 18, 2003
    San Clemente CA
    Name
    scott
    Boat
    none
    Bill Sr. and Jr. are wonderful folks. I still own some of Bill Jr.'s old tackle from 15 or so years ago. Great memories of Bill Sr. during his days playing Player and Palmer.

My condolences to the family. Prayers said. Please give Willy my condolences when you talk to him.

RIP to a great man!

Upvote 0

Outhouse

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 13, 2007
    Germantown, TN
    Name
    Jon Scobey
    Boat
    Titanic
    Bill Sr. was my late fathers favorite golfer, so I grieve with all for the family's loss. I listened to a tribute this morning to Mr Casper on PGA radio that was done about 3 years ago and it's clear he had his priorities in order. If I recall correctly, he had 11 children. Forget the breakdown but it was something like 5 or 6 were his natural kids while the rest were adopted. He said his greatest regret was that he didn't have a better relationship with his parents and the adoptions was his way of not allowing his kids to have the same regret.

Upvote 0

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
    Jan 1, 2010
    sb 805
    Name
    hilltop
    Boat
    sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
    RIP to a legend is right, prayers to family sent

Upvote 0

1:11

WMDcustoms
    Jul 28, 2005
    Name
    Boat
    Thanks Dave, i just read Billy Sr.'s bio on Wikipedia, he was surely a blessed man with a massive family including 71 grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren. WOW, that is humbling and inspiring and makes me want to get out and work harder and be better.

Upvote 0

Abaco

Aug 5, 2009
    Sacramento
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    The Organ
    That's sad news. Even though I had no idea he was a LR'er Mr. Casper's passing was news at our house because we are duffers.

Upvote 0