salty brain

Nothing but salt between the ears
Sep 25, 2012
OC
Name
Dave
Boat
what ever floats
That's to cool got into fish shared info, they rejected the tip you guys rock it that's some funny shit. cool report thanks

Upvote 0

Red Drum

Paradiddle-diddle
Mar 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Name
Capt. Vinnie
Boat
Big Drum-2300 Seaswirl Striper...Red Drum-1500 Duroboat
Excellent catch on quality Bluefin...yumyum!! Way to go!!

Upvote 0

michaeltodter

alcoholic
Oct 1, 2006
ocean beach
Name
michael
Boat
whaler
How many did you hook? We were 20 miles west of you. Started to make the run after you called it in and realize we probably have been cutting it too close on fuel to go that far out of the way so we worked both instead. Saw some more of those big ones up the line tho

Upvote 0

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
Apr 6, 2010
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
20' Tiara Pursuit
Congrats on a great catch!!!

Any members reading this that were on a sport boat when the news came in? Just curious. I know Capt.s aren't going to run every time a report comes in but the sh!t talk shows no class.

Awesome day for you and crew!

Upvote 0

NATIVE

Deeper and Faster
Apr 2, 2008
Earth
Name
'Smitty'
Boat
BaseCamp Parker 2520
Victory is ours (this time!)

Got invited to fish on my friend's 26' striper. Launched from SI at 12am. The plan was make baits and make a long trip to the 295 for an afternoon bites. Took us 3 hrs to make about 50 pieces. Slow cruised out to our destination at 16 knts. By grey light we're just west of the Upper Finger. Found a massive pod of jumping dolphins and diving birds. Put the trollers in and within 20 mins my troller went of. I've never seen my Tyrnos 30 dumped so much line in so little time, the spool was literally emptied in 15 seconds. Let's say there are at least 7-8 monsters BF swimming out there with a metal dental floss stuck to theirs mouths. All of our setups were 40 lb or less except for the troll gears, with the Tyrnos 30 being the biggest. By around 11am we had 3 monster BFs onboard. Lost the pod and couldn't find another pod until 12??? Picked another 8 smaller BFs, 2 huge bones and called it a day around 1:30 as we're out of ice. The last jig stop was 32.08x117.07. We're by ourselves the whole time. No other boats were sighted. And BTW, not a single bait or Megabait fish on the slide.
Salute and out.

View attachment 526098 View attachment 526099 View attachment 526100

Those are some nice fish! Nice going team-

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2004
Yorba Linda
Name
Gary Nordyke
Boat
48 Pacemaker Gunslinger
NICE NICE. Sorry I missed this earlier. NICE JOB. Great report and pic's. I bet you will be enjoying those BFT for awhile. Thanks

Upvote 0

Crusty Rod

Jun 2, 2003
s calif
jimparker.us
Name
captain
Boat
25' Farallon - reel passion
Outstanding - congrads on the fine catch and thanks for the report

Upvote 0

PaDDy Killer'

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 9, 2008
Santa Clarita
Name
Patrick
Boat
Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
Excellent job guys!! Were they all troll fish or a mix of bait fish and troll?

Upvote 0

Latest posts