KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Utah has never won much of anything. Is this the year, or do they remain in mediocrity?

Let’s discuss.

I am thinking that if they get a shot at any glory, they fold up shop like they did last year against the B1G’s Northwestern. Can’t see picking them for anything meaningful.

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Utah is living in your head and rightfully so. The Utah Defense will break Fields like a pretzel.

Fact is, tOSU is all that the B1G has. So tOSU won’t be tested until the CFP where they will fold just like Bama did against LSU.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate

Enough said. Utah passes the eyeball test. They are elite and a CFP team.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
"More confidence than I have in myself,,,,,,,and I have a lot of confidence."

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10

Enough said. Utah passes the eyeball test. They are elite and a CFP team.
Let’s be clear, just because Utah put on a Buckeye like uniform, doesn’t make them elite.

UCLA football is terrible this year, so let’s not act like it was some kind of signature win, or should we:confused:

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Let’s be clear, just because Utah put on a Buckeye like uniform, doesn’t make them elite.

UCLA football is terrible this year, so let’s not act like it was some kind of signature win, or should we:confused:
Actually, those were throwback uniforms from their 1966/67 season, long before tOSU adopted its current uniforms. But I agree, hated the uniforms. Like stepping down to some Midwest farm school uniforns.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Actually, those were throwback uniforms from their 1966/67 season, long before tOSU adopted its current uniforms. But I agree, hated the uniforms. Like stepping down to some Midwest farm school uniforns.
Was that the year they won a Natty?

Wait, never mind, my bad. Thought they had one:rolleyes:

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate

What signature win has tOSU had this year? Wisconsin? They’re poseurs. Wiscy lost to BYU at home last year.

I know, you can’t control the schedule. tOSU has games with Penn St at home and Michigan at the Big House. To no surprise, lowest win % is 78% at Michigan, a team that struggled to beat Army. That’s it, tOSU’s toughest game. Better win because losses at the end of the season are very damaging :D

Last edited:

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Love it, fandom at its best.

I’ll skip over OSU, Clemson, LSU, will freight train Utah. Now I am hoping they crack the top 4 so we can all agree. And I don’t want to hear any non sense about “injuries” or “if this happened”.

Utah plays in arguably the weakest conference in CFB right now. The two teams I cited, those conferences are homicide, week to week. PAC12, which I love, is weak to weak.

Utah will suffer handily at the hands of either team.

Utah’s loss to my now unranked Trojans is telling. Trying to equate Bama’s loss to top ranked LSU erodes your objectivity.

Last edited:

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10

I’ll skip over OSU, Clemson, LSU, will freight train Utah. Now I am hoping they crack the top 4 so we can all agree. And I don’t want to hear any non sense about “injuries” or “if this happened”.

Utah plays in arguably the weakest conference in CFB right now. The two teams I cited, those conferences are homicide, week to week. PAC12, which I love, is weak to weak.

Utah’s loss to my now unranked Trojans is telling. Trying to equate Bama’s loss to top ranked LSU erodes your objectivity.
Concur, I hope Utah gets in, but I think they will get beat by any of the other three.

T’s objectivity went out the window long ago and everything he post these days is anti B1G and Buckeyes. Can’t seem to deal with Buckeye success and it is a shame as he was once a pretty decent poster.

Perhaps the Trojans bounce back next year and represent the PAC.:D

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
What signature win has tOSU had this year? Wisconsin? They’re poseurs. Wiscy lost to BYU at home last year.

I know, you can’t control the schedule. tOSU has games with Penn St at home and Michigan at the Big House. To no surprise, lowest win % is 78% at Michigan, a team that struggled to beat Army. That’s it, tOSU’s toughest game. Better win because losses at the end of the season are very damaging :D
You simply haven’t been paying attention or can’t acknowledge the quality in which the Buckeyes have shown. A 52-10 average margin of victory seems to indicate a bunch of dominant signature wins bro. I tried to get ya onboard, but the bandwagon is now full and your seat has been filled. :D

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate

PAC 12 has a winning record over the B1G in OOC games this year. Nice attempt at spinning that into the worst Conference.

At least be honest, nothing matters until games are played and the season is over. They really should go to an 8 team playoff, five P5 Conference Champions plus 3 at large P5. G5 should get it’s own 8 team playoff. More money for all. Eliminate the stupid CFP beauty pageant that rewards Knotty’s margin of victory in a Conference that has one, maybe two top teams and a bunch of nothing teams below that.

Last edited:

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
PAC 12 has a winning record over the B1G in OOC games this year. Nice attempt at spinning that into the worst Conference.

At least be honest, nothing matters until games are played and the season is over. They really should go to an 8 team playoff, five P5 Conference Champions plus 3 at large P5. G5 should get it’s own 8 team playoff. More money for all. Eliminate the stupid CFP beauty pageant that rewards Knotty’s margin of victory in a Conference that has one, maybe two top teams and a bunch of nothing teams below that.
I agree, it’s all speculation until the rubber meets the road. That’s why they play the games!

But the PAC is soft. The dogs in the BIG are way more physical teams. And you glossed over the ACC and SEC. Brutally talented and physical. West coast is on the struggle bus right now. Oregon is the only one getting consistent attention.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I agree, it’s all speculation until the rubber meets the road. That’s why they play the games!

But the PAC is soft. The dogs in the BIG are way more physical teams. And you glossed over the ACC and SEC. Brutally talented and physical. West coast is on the struggle bus right now. Oregon is the only one getting consistent attention.
After the LSU @ Alabama game, I had posted asking where was the defense that the SEC was supposedly known for???

Let me point out some facts. In LSU's last game against Ole Miss, they allowed 614 total total yards including 402 Rushing Yards. That is not defense. Furthermore, Ole Miss lost to Cal at home where Ole Miss put up 525 yards total offense, including just 177 yards rushing. Cal put up 433 total yards and just 60 yards rushing, yet still won. I will note that Cal has a 5-5 overall record, while Ole Miss is 4-7. So Ole Miss has played both LSU and Cal and frankly they showed LSU's defense to be porous, which is what I observed in their game against Alabama. Finally, Utah shut out Cal 35-0 and held them to just 23 yards rushing and those came in garbage time. So don't give me this horseshit that Utah can't play with LSU or tOSU for that matter. It's all BS and the stats I just showed prove that.

Last edited:

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Transitive inference is a form of inferential reasoning. For example, if you know that A > B and B > C and C > D and D > E, then you can conclude without being told than B > D. You can replace "greater than (>)" with any other (supposedly) transitive relation, such as "better than" or "darker-colored than".

We don’t really know about A,B,C,D or E because those teams haven’t faced off yet, so let’s just go off stats against Cal and Ole Miss? You have got to be kidding me:confused:

Matchups mean nothing, having twice as many 4* and 5* athletes means nothing, teams with depth and guys who are headed for being high draft picks means nothing. To much kool aid I reckon:D

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
We don’t really know about A,B,C,D or E because those teams haven’t faced off yet, so let’s just go off stats against Cal and Ole Miss? You have got to be kidding me:confused:
Hmm so your claim is more wins over ranked teams
makes your team better. How are those teams ranked? Oh that’s right they’re ranked by popularity votes. We don’t know if tOSU is better than LSU or Utah because they haven’t faced off yet.

Thanks, you took the words right out of my previous post so give credit where credit is due. In the end you’re just playing a dick measuring contest.

P.S. I do like Utah and tOSU’s defense over LSU who’s defense is weak sauce.

Reactions: KnotyBuoyz

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Bra, I liked post 21, but this one gets a bieber

No way Washington deserves anything in the top 25, of any legitimate poll. Seems like you just went Bernie Sanders on us. Hope you didn’t just jinx your Utes:confused:
Let me help you out, those are computer rankings, not popularity polls.:D

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Correct, it is my opinion. A similar opinion to that of the CFP Committee, the Associated Press and the Coaches. Those Washi boy programers seem to have infiltrated your brain, and I can’t believe you are actually buying that garbage.

Buckeyes by 20+ tomorrow bro, book it.:Zombie_Ro