Offshore Wayyyyyy to many private boaters seriously.

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
Just got back from 12 miles out of Long Beach. And we hit the first dolphin school. We had a quad of yellowfin going and one bait fish. As soon as we hooked up we had at least 8 boats literally 20 ft away from us trying to slide in. We had 2 yellowfin bust off due to being ran over and luckily landed 3 out the mix. I understand these are googans, but for fucks sakes show some respect. But if a mod can sticky this for boat etiquette I think we all would appreciate it. I know I'm not the only one dealing with this bs.

Total count 8 yft and hooked just as many and 4 yellows off a paddy. Our last hook up was close to horseshoe kelp while coming in that's how close they are thanks. Pics will come later

Upvote 0

stevefwolfe

Almost A Member
May 19, 2008
Westminster
Name
Wolf
Boat
yes I have one
I was at the 209 on Tuesday and everyone was very cool on the paddys. There was a skipjack that we had to yell at to come in as we had all the yellows we wanted. It sucks to hear that people are being such AHs.

Upvote 0

daniel7

Jun 28, 2008
Oceanside/Ca/USA
Name
Daniel Christman
Boat
n/a
I am with you on this one. Those googans think that they are fishing for trout on one of those crappy little lakes and then they get pissed at you when you're mad with them after they run over your spot. Not to mention you have fish hanging. Respect people?

Upvote 0

yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
What are these guys doing ..... hawking you with binoculars?
Buy one of the king sized cans of Bear Spray , get up wind , about a 5 second spray ought
to do the trick.
Used to run into those boobs when fresh water fishing. Got to the point when hooked up
would rotate the boat so our backs were to them and fight the fish with our rod tips in the water.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2010
riverside, ca
Name
Jeff Kolb
Boat
20, tahoe, q4
That sucks. I watch wicked tuna and know the term googan. I am a fresh water fly fisherman who does some saltwater as well but a googan is not a rookie it is just a inconsiderate ass? Not sure because even though I am a rookie and only been tuna fishing a handful of times But I know how to respect other fisherman and there space. Going out on my buddies boat this week and a three day trip in 2 weeks and will make sure I am not classified as a googan. Just wanted to make sure we don't act like them. Can a googan be a experienced fisherman as well if they are inconsiderate pricks?

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I had a friend ask me why I stayed home today when the bite is going off and local.LOL

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

slickone

Jul 15, 2006
SoCal
Name
Steve
Boat
Parker
SatMatPetesDragon4.jpg

It's the Googans

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Sucks.

I went to the doctor for a full physical awhile back. I'll be damned if that S.O.B. doctor didn't stuck his finger up my ass. Go figure.

Upvote 0

Tip up

Jun 10, 2012
Cbad USA
Name
Rob
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Had a guy last week watch us hook a couple of Yellow fin proceed to follow us and then box us for nothing.We slid down a few 100 yards to a patty then we hooked up a couple yellows he then turned right at us and then trolled 5 ft away from the patty . My boy looked at me in disbelief and said " Dad what's he doing ? " . I started laughing and said I guess he's trying to catch fish .

Upvote 0

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
Had a guy last week watch us hook a couple of Yellow fin proceed to follow us and then box us for nothing.We slid down a few 100 yards to a patty then we hooked up a couple yellows he then turned right at us and then trolled 5 ft away from the patty . My boy looked at me in disbelief and said " Dad what's he doing ? " . I started laughing and said I guess he's trying to catch fish .

Yah it's fucking stupid. If anyone else found the fish I would be polite and VHF it atleast. If not I know I'm in the right area and we would have found our own. We were lucky we found the dolphin first on a temp break. And the dolphin were gunning like a bat out of hell 12 miles off the break wall before we got our quad strike. I just wish more fisherman were more respectful then what happen because we could of ALL been on that bite for awhile on that dolphin school.

Still trying to get pics, buddy is still cleaning the boat and wife issues

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
I was out of Dp today, no joy on the tuna, boats everywhere. If one bird dove for the water, every boat around converged.

Grumpy, Never question the opinion of the Dr with a finger in your butt. He can give you 9 more opinions...

Upvote 0

Where'sMyBeer

Feb 26, 2007
San Diego
Name
Where'sMyBeer
Boat
Yes
Funny - WE had the total opposite happen today.

I'm out fishing with my buddy and his autistic kid. We had been running, searching, trolling all morning for nothing. 182 / 226 / back in to 9 mile. We finally see a boat in the distance about 10 miles off MB on a paddy. We reel up the trollers and get on the radio. 'skipper, haven't seen a paddy all day, mind if we roll up on this with you?' Couple calls in like that no response. So we pack up our troller and throw bait to flyline around the paddy. These guys start yelling at us 'get the fuck out of here' .. 'find your own fish' ... classic. I hold my tongue as long as I could ... but couldn't help saying 'you own the fucking ocean?' ... damn I was so pissed. Did everything I could to be courteous. We circled the paddy about 100 yrds out giving plenty of space and they were right on it still yelling at us. We picked up one yellow on the troll around. But that was it. I didn't want to rush in, but other boats that showed had no problem getting in close. These 3 asshats then bailed the paddy and gave us the multiple finger salute, and even dropped shorts to show us his ugly ass. It was a great example of dickheads that fish out there. Felt bad for my buddy .. but that's what you get offshore during the tuna season. 3 assholes 20 something - fuck em.

Reactions: maxsdad
Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
When they didn't respond that meant no . I would have let you in if you asked and were cool like you stated , but if someone does not say its cool and you do anyway .............then expect the BA . I have been on paddies that were wide open and completely shut down when a second boat shows up . It used to be that you didi not enter without an invite , now it seems like people assume they are entitled to do whatever they want . The respect is gone for the most part and you may as well be on the 405 freeway .

Reactions: darrenforeal
Upvote 0

Where'sMyBeer

Feb 26, 2007
San Diego
Name
Where'sMyBeer
Boat
Yes
No I get that. And we circled wide. These guys were dry humping the damn paddy they were so close. But still ... it's a saturday, with shitting fishing, and all the boats in the world were out hunting. I gave this ass clown a lot of room and it wasn't good enough. He didn't yell at the 5 other boats that came in a dumped right on the kelp. But flicked us off on the way out. Just rubbed me the wrong way as I'm usually cool with sharing bites.

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
mmmmm I guess when fishing is slow and tough... time to bitch about other boaters/fisherman...

why can't we all get along......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: Offshorleg
Upvote 0

Bigpondonly

Bloodydecks Seafood Co.
Dec 7, 2003
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2120
kleenex-pngcute-and-creepys-cannibalized-cuties---factual-friday-im-sick-mcwjkteu.png
Just got back from 12 miles out of Long Beach. And we hit the first dolphin school. We had a quad of yellowfin going and one bait fish. As soon as we hooked up we had at least 8 boats literally 20 ft away from us trying to slide in. We had 2 yellowfin bust off due to being ran over and luckily landed 3 out the mix. I understand these are googans, but for fucks sakes show some respect. But if a mod can sticky this for boat etiquette I think we all would appreciate it. I know I'm not the only one dealing with this bs.

Total count 8 yft and hooked just as many and 4 yellows off a paddy. Our last hook up was close to horseshoe kelp while coming in that's how close they are thanks. Pics will come later
No I get that. And we circled wide. These guys were dry humping the damn paddy they were so close. But still ... it's a saturday, with shitting fishing, and all the boats in the world were out hunting. I gave this ass clown a lot of room and it wasn't good enough. He didn't yell at the 5 other boats that came in a dumped right on the kelp. But flicked us off on the way out. Just rubbed me the wrong way as I'm usually cool with sharing bites.

Upvote 0

StuBro

Almost A Member
Jul 22, 2012
Encinitas, California
Name
Greg
Boat
29' Blackfin Flybridge "Reel Living"
If you want less fuck-ups then quit calling them names like, "Googins" and educate them on the ways of paddy etiquette and introduce some new guys to our sport for Christ's sake!!!

I practice this on my boat every week, maybe more now, and yes it sucks having the patience of Job!!!!! But, if we don't do it there will be a push to have our sport banned soon!!!! We need to remain engaged!

Chill at best!

Upvote 0