The American Tackle Company

RawWorms

Aug 14, 2012
Lancaster
Name
Jamie
Boat
N/a
Just wondering if anyone has try waterslide labels when building a rod?

My sister says she uses them on some of her crafting projects. I’m not sure how the labels react with the epoxy, I thought it might be way to make custom rod labels at home.

Upvote 0

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Lake Los Angeles, CA
    Name
    Hector Garcia
    Boat
    I need a ride.
    Ive used them tons of times in the past. Sometimes it curls over on itself, and you habe to take it off and re-do it. Can be a pain at times, but it works well. Make sure you dry appropriately. Dont rub it dry, just pat it dry. Make sure you also get the correct paper for your printer. Some paper is made for laser printers and some are for ink printers.

I switched to a decal/label maker and dont use waterslide decals often anymore.

Reactions: RawWorms
    Upvote 0

FAT CAT

FAT CAT
    Nov 11, 2007
    Baja Sur, MX
    Name
    Bill Burkett
    Boat
    22' Twin-Vee Catamaran POLE CAT
    Yes, they work OK. I use an ink-jet printer and have found that it really only works well enough for the rods I make with black or other dark colors.

You have to apply a couple of coats of clear acrylic spray paint on them before applying, then just apply thread finish over them after they're on the rod.

Upvote 0

K. D.

Apr 20, 2011
    Bremerton, WA
    Name
    Kerry Hansen
    Boat
    RIVER SLED
    Just wondering if anyone has try waterslide labels when building a rod?

My sister says she uses them on some of her crafting projects. I’m not sure how the labels react with the epoxy, I thought it might be way to make custom rod labels at home.
    Yes have used them including Nail Art decals. I would give the a thin coat of CP after they are dry to seal the edges.

Reactions: RawWorms
    Upvote 0