jbl_91762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
So wife and kids asked me what I wanted for Fathers Day and Birthday, of course fishing stuff right?! Always wore swim trunks with pockets for fast drying, but wouldnt it be better to get water repellent instead? Not like we go jump in the water and scare the fish away unless its freaking hot and no bite then all bets are off. Some of us on occasion get sprayed while under way or when the tuna hit the deck go nuts and water and blood go everywhere. Thats where I was thinking water repellent is better? Any brands to look for or stay away from ?

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
Jun 22, 2014
No Grave But the Sea
Name
Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
Boat
Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
X2 on fishworks. Been buying them since they were Deckies back in the early 90's. Great product.

Reactions: woodfish330

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
So wife and kids asked me what I wanted for Fathers Day and Birthday, of course fishing stuff right?! Always wore swim trunks with pockets for fast drying, but wouldnt it be better to get water repellent instead? Not like we go jump in the water and scare the fish away unless its freaking hot and no bite then all bets are off. Some of us on occasion get sprayed while under way or when the tuna hit the deck go nuts and water and blood go everywhere. Thats where I was thinking water repellent is better? Any brands to look for or stay away from ?
Check out the Aftco MO 1 shorts ,
That’s been there number one seller,
For years, and I have two pairs of there
Pact , and I like them a lot.

Reactions: woodfish330

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
I should have looked into Aftco but jumped on the banner for 20% Hook and Tackle and got 2 of the hybrid shorts. quick drying, has stretch and also the fishing pliers pocket and cell phone pocket. Will also get Aftco soon as I like they have pliers pockets on both sides as I am a lefty.

[email protected]

May 6, 2004
Newport
Name
Dave
Boat
28 Farallon HOOKED
I like those Columbia brand shorts. I think they’re called backcast III shorts. I cut out the inside liner. Don’t hang below my knees. Hate shorts that go below my knees. Very fast dry. On sale at Kolls. $ 22.49.

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
My balls get sweaty enough balls while wearing breathable fast drying shorts.
.......laughing. Brother.... we don't wanna know if you go "commando" on your own boat. Lol. Too many details....
:shake: LOL

P.S. I'm wearing 2O year old AFTCO shorts as we speak. Best shorts I've ever owned. Not stretchy.... but fast dry.

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
fast dry shorts for sure.