Waterproof kill bag?

makostorm

Apr 30, 2021
Dana Point
Name
Jim
Boat
N/A
Anyone have any recommendations for waterproof fish bags?

I have a “reliable” one now but it leaks and apparently that’s expected. I emailed support and they said the bags aren’t marketed as waterproof. I’d rather not have my fish sitting in a 3M 5200 chemical bath all day to try and make it water proof so I’m hoping there are some better alternatives.

Right now I travel with it using a big plastic bin that I have to clean up each trip.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Anyone have any recommendations for waterproof fish bags?

I have a “reliable” one now but it leaks and apparently that’s expected. I emailed support and they said the bags aren’t marketed as waterproof. I’d rather not have my fish sitting in a 3M 5200 chemical bath all day to try and make it water proof so I’m hoping there are some better alternatives.

Right now I travel with it using a big plastic bin that I have to clean up each trip.
I heard that AFTCO is coming out with one
in September, hopefully
that will be the end of Leaky bags .

Reactions: makostorm
Upvote 0

makostorm

Apr 30, 2021
Dana Point
Name
Jim
Boat
N/A
I heard that AFTCO is coming out with one
in September, hopefully
that will be the end of Leaky bags .
whoa! now that would be some great news. I'm a big fan of aftco stuff. Ok, I may wait it out and see.

I was just reading up that the Canyon brand markets itself as completely leakproof as well.

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
laguna niguel
Name
Bob
Boat
Henriques 28 Express
What exactly is the problem if a game bag leaks a little water through the seams? My deck was wet alot from hosing down fish blood. I little from the game bag was not an issue.

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    What exactly is the problem if a game bag leaks a little water through the seams? My deck was wet alot from hosing down fish blood. I little from the game bag was not an issue.
    If water is getting thru, definitely a lot of air as well and therefore brings the temperature up. But also don't like to lose that nice freezing cold water. Helps chill the fish. Still think the quality is best on the reliable, but they should fix it at the factory vs having the customer add 5200.

Upvote 0

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None

Think ppl want to use the bag in lieu of a hard cooler to get the catch all the way home. It's gonna be a bad day if the kill bag leaks in an SUV. Not so much if on deck or in the back of a truck.

Upvote 0

makostorm

Apr 30, 2021
    Dana Point
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    N/A

it leaked rockfish juice in my suv
    i keep it in a plastic tray now

Reactions: akachalupa
    mahi
    mahi
    Ah!. I understand now. My bag was put in the bed of a pickup truck.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

aquaholic

Almost A Member
    Sep 19, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Anderson 22
    I put over 100lbs of processed tuna in mine (reliable) last week and kept ice in it for 3 or 4 days. It seeped a bit but most of the water stayed in it. Enough so that I had to empty some of the melted ice to get more ice in it.

Upvote 0