hookem562

Duma
Dec 23, 2011
Longbeach
Name
Fish.
Boat
Baby whale
I got nothing to hide....a lot of members know me on here and done a lot of deals...I sent him pics and he followed to send the funds...I would had worked with him but you outright straight ask for 150 back is ridiculous....then 5 mins later ask for 80 back to me that’s sounds fishy...right there tells me you screwed up your profit margins for your tackle shop...then when I tell you go ahead and open the PayPal case you ask for 188 partial refund on the case...clearly I see your motive...you wanted to get everything for your OG offer at 600 and had a game plan in your head all along... like I said let PayPal handle thing and all the members here I done deals with know me..don’t really have anything to hide or do people shady...tight lines

Jsin1192

Filet O Fish Gimme That Fish
Jul 1, 2019
Long beach
Name
Johnny
Boat
Black Pearl
Shimano gold reels as in Trinidad’s and Calcutta’s are prone to scratches. It’s a reel if your gonna fish it fish it!!! If your gonna flip it and resell it in your store you should had ask for better pictures. From what I see the buyer was quick to ask for money back seems to me he didn’t realize his profit margin wasn’t enough to keep his store running.:smash::smash::smash:

Reactions: rexor_rn

live2fish

I've got bugs...
Apr 3, 2005
North OC
Name
Eric
Boat
14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
Crazy part is the trini looks cleaner in the buyers pics than in the sellers pics.

it shouldn’t be this difficult when people sell reels. On any shimano you should expect scratches

in all the pics you can see the scratches

1toughfish

Mar 11, 2013
San Francisco/Los Angeles
Name
Young
Boat
none
Keep in mind that we're looking at screen shots of thumbnails of the pics that were sent from the seller. If you were to click on the full size of the photos from the seller the condition would probably be a lot more visible. Hookem maybe upload the pics you send him up here rather than the screenshots? Would help to clear it up a bit. I agree his behavior is that of a refund scammer

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
flip flop flip flop.......

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Keep in mind that we're looking at screen shots of thumbnails of the pics that were sent from the seller. If you were to click on the full size of the photos from the seller the condition would probably be a lot more visible. Hookem maybe upload the pics you send him up here rather than the screenshots? Would help to clear it up a bit. I agree his behavior is that of a refund scammer
sounds fair enough.......and @boat0501 can refute if there is discrepancies and send the full pictures he received too....we can compare those pics side by side again to help clear it up a bit...🤔🤔🤔

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
sounds fair enough.......and @boat0501 can refute if there is discrepancies and send the full pictures he received too....we can compare those pics side by side again to help clear it up a bit...🤔🤔🤔
Rex

There isn’t anything to clear up here !!! It’s a done deal , take it to PayPal .....

blowncar

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
Those reels look rough to say it nicely. What did the original ad say about condition? I'm not up on the value of those particular reels. Is $750 a fairly discounted price on what those same reels in nice "cosmetic" condition would bring if bought in a lot?

von_smozel

Jun 22, 2019
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat
___
Reminder: the buyer clearly told the seller "i'm in the tackle business", then denied that he is in the tackle business. Then patronized this forum by saying "nahh i work at a grocery store"...

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
Well, if the reels are Shimanos or Penns, they got a LOT of use. My Calcuttas and Gold TN's are scratched to hell from use. The metal is fairly soft, but they CATCH fish and with maintenance, work like a charm, despite appearance. My 2 Calcuttas look like those 2 in the pics above, but I won't sell them!!

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
The problem is that the buyer didn't buy the reels to fish himself. He is a flipper who is going to try and resale them for a profit. The reels are probably in perfect working condition but he would be able to sell them for more money if they looked better in pictures on eBay. The buyer could probably sell them for the same amount that he paid so he isn't really out any money. He just isn't going to make the quick big profit that he thought he would. I might feel bad for the guy if he was just some average local fisherman who used his hard earned money to buy a couple of reels that he wanted to use on local trips. In this case the guy is in the tackle business and only comes on here to snatch up reels that someone lists for a below market price or he makes low ball offers to grab something that he can resale. If you are a tackle flipper sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, it's just part of the game.

Reel Stamas

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
Original Pics should have been better for sure, but the Buyer has some responsibility for not asking for better pics... I predict PP sides w/Buyer...

Reactions: rexor_rn and plj46

Yellowtail Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
The problem is that the buyer didn't buy the reels to fish himself. He is a flipper who is going to try and resale them for a profit. The reels are probably in perfect working condition but he would be able to sell them for more money if they looked better in pictures on eBay. The buyer could probably sell them for the same amount that he paid so he isn't really out any money. He just isn't going to make the quick big profit that he thought he would. I might feel bad for the guy if he was just some average local fisherman who used his hard earned money to buy a couple of reels that he wanted to use on local trips. In this case the guy is in the tackle business and only comes on here to snatch up reels that someone lists for a below market price or he makes low ball offers to grab something that he can resale. If you are a tackle flipper sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, it's just part of the game.

Yep, nailed it. Buyer is just butt hurt because his imagined profit from resale took a hit. Now he's Justin grasping at straws and playing the bitch card