jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Let’s just see if this scammer sends me all my reels back...lesson learn...everybody I sold to and bought from knows me...never was my intentions to do someone shady but clearly we see how this dude is...tight lines everybody...your welcome for the shit show 🤣
When you get your reels back,
You should send him a box full of dog shit,
Pay back a bitch.

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Ah Hal, don't lettum get ya down!
Besides, I've got a couple things more up your alley anyways...

Full case of CA grown Granny Smiths and a 1/2 box of fresh Romaine lettuce (Salinas origin).
Buy both and I'll throw in 1/4 case of Campbell's Tomato Soup.
PayPal F and F or pay the 3%...

live2fish

I've got bugs...
Apr 3, 2005
North OC
Name
Eric
Boat
14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
Hahahaha shit thing is paypal sided with the scammer. Hopefully the reels come back in the same condition as they left in. If not you should open a case with them and be reimbursed for damage done by him.

Reactions: Haly0 and jer dog

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
PayPal needs buyers more than sellers, probably at a very high ratio, 3% is cheap insurance.

rookie angler

Jun 2, 2009
I.E.
Name
Jon
Boat
A few years ago, some guy on this board wanted to buy an Accurate reel from me. Funny part is he wanted to pick up the reel in person but pay with paypal. Made no sense so I passed on the offer.

Buyer AND seller beware....

can

May 10, 2010
Chatsworth
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
A few years ago, some guy on this board wanted to buy an Accurate reel from me. Funny part is he wanted to pick up the reel in person but pay with paypal. Made no sense so I passed on the offer.

Buyer AND seller beware....
I allow buyers to pay by whichever method they have, obviously cash is preferred. There are times I pay by PayPal because I have funds sitting in it, not because I am trying to scam anyone.

Trust is the key factor. There may be buyers paying by counterfeit cash. PayPal isn't the culprit, it's only the tool.

For this particular case, yes, the buyer may have been changing his story on his vocation. But as a buyer, it appears that his commitment was based on the sellers provided picture, which does look much better than the pictures of the actual product received. Whether he is a shady character is a separate issue from the actual transaction. Doesn't negate the fact that the reels are not in the shape as the original pictures show.

Not taking sides. I think with more clarity, it could have had a better end result.

We need more time out on the water. Shoulder to shoulder.

hookem562

Duma
Dec 23, 2011
Longbeach
Name
Fish.
Boat
Baby whale
Update on this piece of shit I got my reels today and 3 were damage my brand new calcutta 200 is banged up...the Calcutta 400 he bent the frame and the line guide...and my Daiwa tatula isn’t smooth...I called PayPal and PayPal refunded his ass 450 out of the 750....keep an eye out for mother fuckers like this guys...spread the word on other groups and don’t let him scam again

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: Haly0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Update on this piece of shit I got my reels today and 3 were damage my brand new calcutta 200 is banged up...the Calcutta 400 he bent the frame and the line guide...and my Daiwa tatula isn’t smooth...I called PayPal and PayPal refunded his ass 450 out of the 750....keep an eye out for mother fuckers like this guys...spread the word on other groups and don’t let him scam again
that sucks, hopefully Carma gives him
what he deserves .

Reactions: hookem562

blowncar

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
Wait a second,, you got all your reels back and buyer ate a $300 loss??? Or he got back the whole $750 and then when you got the reels back you opened a complaint and got a $300 refund because he damaged them? If that's the case,,, they took that action within a single day?? I'm smelling some bs all around this deal.

can

May 10, 2010
Chatsworth
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
Sucks that the reels are in that condition.

How does PayPal know whether the posts were bent and gears aren't smooth before/after? Good faith?

That was a quick turnaround.