hollypc1

Mad Impulse
May 19, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Scott
Boat
Party Boat
Hey Ducker!!! time to put your money where your mouth is. My son in-law is a active duty Marine out at Bangor he and his buddies would love to go fishing. You want to take them?

Cornfed

CAPTAIN | TEAM USUAL SUSPECTS
Has Moderator Powers
Sep 18, 2007
Seattle
Name
TOMMY DONLIN
Boat
DEFIANCE GUADALUPE 290 CORNIVOROUS
Sorry duck but it's not my responsibility to reach out to MO to un fuk this mess. Since BD makes up probably 90% of the WTC participants I would think they would take the first opportunity they had to save face... hasn't happened.

Keep supporting them that's your choice and I'm not going to give you shit for it....I'm just not jumping on that same bandwagon. My choice, you know the Merica way.
Greg, there is part of BD that doesn't want anything to do with this discussion and will quietly continue to support. MO is not required to post on BD and I don't blame them. A volunteer coming on BD to get blasted for trying to make the event work, especially when a portion of the guys posting don't even fish the tournament? Those that genuinely care will call MO and talk with Ryan or one of the other volunteers as I have done. The 2019 WTC was able to support 54 Veterans and some of them brought their families putting the total somewhere in the 90-100 range. Lodging, food, fishing trips, and an event that brings them into our fishing community.....is worth it to me. In this case, the sum of our parts supporting the WTC is better than the individual people against the WTC. The event isn't perfect but I have no doubt that it will only get better from here.

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Tommy I don't fault guys for continuing their support, outspoken or quietly. And I hope for veterans sake the WTC grows in the years to come...but for me there are so many different ways to support veterans that I trust, wounded warriors, Marine Raider foundation,...the list is long. Right now MO has lost some trust. It's an unfortunate but honest truth.

And again I shouldn't have to check in with them to get the straight scoop on facts, assumptions, speculations or whatever people think is real or not real. I look at it like MO is a business, WTC is their product, I'm the consumer. If they run into problems with their product they should do whatever it takes to convince me, the consumer that their product is still a quality product.

Anyway. You guys fishing the WTC have fun, stay safe. I'll be in Nootka anyway that week so for a number of reasons, I'm out.

Reactions: Cap'n Coldeye

troller w

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 14, 2010
Anacortes
Name
Dennis
Boat
Troller 190 Hewescraft Searunner
2 things I have been taught in life that are true is #1 You can’t change the past but you can change the future,and # 2 Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. For some reason this keeps coming to mind when I read this thread. Anyway carry on

Reactions: sharkster

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Then do.it!.Support something instead of tearing down MO. Salmon for Soldiers (SFS)was a group that Started After Danny and I got the 20 or so boats gathered up with the Help of SnoKing PSA. They excluded Danny after it their first year.

Wounded Warrior Project doesn't give alot back to the Vets. People see the need and try to build a better Organization. Ryan has been around the last few years running trips on his boat along with a few others for Halibut, lings, and seabass out of LaPush. Not my home Port. Been involved once with him there. This year i will run my boat up to fish on 23rd May.

Get involved or get stuck
I'm fishing both.

veteransfishing

Get in the groove and RELAX!!!
Nov 18, 2013
Olympia, Wa
Name
Danny Gabriel
Boat
Slippery Finn/Lisa M
Then do.it!.Support something instead of tearing down MO. Salmon for Soldiers (SFS)was a group that Started After Danny and I got the 20 or so boats gathered up with the Help of SnoKing PSA. They excluded Danny after it their first year.

Wounded Warrior Project doesn't give alot back to the Vets. People see the need and try to build a better Organization. Ryan has been around the last few years running trips on his boat along with a few others for Halibut, lings, and seabass out of LaPush. Not my home Port. Been involved once with him there. This year i will run my boat up to fish on 23rd May.

Get involved or get stuck
I'm fishing both.
Thanks Goat those were the days! To this day I still believe that fishing is one of the best forms of therapy for our vets, but all I see is people tearing down organizations like MO/WTC and others trying to do what they can to help veterans in need of support, if you really want to help take them fishing and get to know these veterans, they are people just like you and me that need support and mentorship.

People like Tommy (Cornfed), are one of the few people that have really made a connection with a true Veteran, yet you bash him for his beliefs in MO/WTC. This is his right to believe in what is right in his eyes whether you like it or not!

We need to stand together and help our Vets, yes our Vets! These are the men and women that put their lives on the line to maintain our freedom and our way of life, they need your help. So stop the crap and help them in a way that's beneficial for all!