G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Probably the saddest part of all of this: a non profit organization acting like a shady ass business and not being transparent and truthful!

Truth of the matter is almost all of you guys are very generous and if they had been brutally honest, hat in hand asking for help at the tournament or shortly after...... A bunch of happy fisherman trying to compete for a good cause would have said fuck it! You would have likely had the side pot for bragging rights and all patted each other on the back for your good deeds!

lie after lie, secretive information, no body stepping up, and now its to a point that many would never fish the tournament!

Sad!

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
Aug 3, 2009
Olympia,WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
Probably the saddest part of all of this: a non profit organization acting like a shady ass business and not being transparent and truthful!

Truth of the matter is almost all of you guys are very generous and if they had been brutally honest, hat in hand asking for help at the tournament or shortly after...... A bunch of happy fisherman trying to compete for a good cause would have said fuck it! You would have likely had the side pot for bragging rights and all patted each other on the back for your good deeds!

lie after lie, secretive information, no body stepping up, and now its to a point that many would never fish the tournament!

Sad!
Can't say it any better than this!

Reactions: G-Spot

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Nothing Vance. The pelagic pot didn't payout because an insurance policy that was taken out before the tournament was not fulfilled. An insurance policy had to be procured because the funds from prior year pelagic pots were not maintained in a separate bank account by the previous mgmt.

The rest of the pots didn't payout right away since the rules state that fish quality and absence of lead/foreign objects has to be verified prior to awarding money. As I stated in the original post, it was mutually agreed that processing could be delayed.
Tommy, the devil is in the details and as an engineer you know this all too well! The public documents reflect that MO was transferred over $40k, computers, enclosed trailer, and equipment associated with the events. All previous pots were paid out prior to the transfer, so “there was not money” is kinda hard to grasp.....

Reading your response carefully it’s not clear if we are kinda smoke and mirrors, the pelagic pot didn’t pay out because of:

1) no money because prior organizers had mismanaged, your first post states that the money was never there?!? Hard to believe based upon public docs filed with Secretary of State....,

2) Because of a poorly secured insurance policy? The money rolls over year after year and was included in the $40k transferred. Or

3) Because previous organizers did not maintain the Pelagic pot in a separate account and therefore it’s the previous organizers fault. Although the previous organization was able to pay out as it should......

It just gets worse the deeper you dig.... Money, computers, equipment were transferred, so you may want to do some due diligence and verify before you offer too much more of your name as support...

Last edited:
Reactions: FishPimpII

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy

Sad!
Who stole John’s user name and started posting warm fuzzies?.... Hahahaha.

You are spot on!

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
$1.40/can at cost tho

This blows my mind. They have to be adding the overhead Of turning the lights on into that Equation. No way a canning business can operate with that kind of efficiency. I can buy a can of tuna from the store for less than $1. With a label even.

Great partnership we got here, real excited about it.

Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
Hey Mission Outdoors, another example of how you pay derby winners. On time. Figure it out. Your a joke, the WTC is now a joke. The lies and cover ups are pathetic. I’m personally out. I will not continue to support this event or orginazation

Attachments

Sockeye71

If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!
Jul 5, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Dave
Boat
Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"
From a former WTC participant...always felt there was crap going on in some form. I love fishing for tuna and l had fished the WTC for 6 years; just always seemed like a shit-show.

Family loves the pre-tourney party with Norm & Carrie and everyone!

oh well... I'll just stay up at Neah Bay. MUCH more relaxing.

FishPimpII

Shopping for a boat...
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" And soon to be captain of fishpimpiii
From a former WTC participant...always felt there was crap going on in some form. I love fishing for tuna and l had fished the WTC for 6 years; just always seemed like a shit-show.

Family loves the pre-tourney party with Norm & Carrie and everyone!

oh well... I'll just stay up at Neah Bay. MUCH more relaxing.
And there is a little summer event called “calm waters” in early August down at sekiu if you want to take vets fishing in a much more chill environment.

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
Lake Tapps, Washington
Name
Cohoho
Boat
COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
As a team member, which won the Pelagic Pot and a 20 year Retired Military Veteran, I wanted to share a few things. A lot of you (a lot of you I know and are good dudes) are making assumptions and being fueled up as this thread progresses. regarding MO. The only ones that really had a dog in the fight were the folks not yet paid. Communications with MO was received at the event, after the event, and several times throughout the waiting period. We were told we would be paid once things got ironed out. It might have taken longer than expected, but there was absolutely no intent on them NOT paying us. I understand the origins of the first post regarding it, doesn't mean I agreed with everything, but I stayed on the fence because of the belief, friendship and trust I have in MO as an organization and my good friendship with my "winning" team mates. In my opinion, MO doesn't need WTC to function, but the WTC needs MO to continue. So who is stepping up to assume the event if MO decides to step away? (hypothetical statement - nothing factual about it, so no need to start a new thread against this statement of mine)

I for one like the Tuna derby stuff, and opportunity to go way south for the big event. Most of you on this site do too, not sure what other venue we'll have locally if MO doesn't do it? MO assumed a dysfunctional event, and is working on making it better, there were a lot of things they learned this year and yes, some mistakes were made, but give them a bit of a break, as all of these folks running it are volunteers! I encourage each one of you that had negative comments against MO, come out and support one of the MO other events. Come to the auction or the Lingcod Derby and meet some of the dudes that this Organization assists. Meet them first hand, talk to them and learn their stories and struggles, and understand what it is MO provides. Remember one thing - MO is all volunteer organization helping Veterans get outdoors, it is not defined by one event.

By the way, I received my check yesterday and I'm sure the others are in the mail.

I hope this years WTC/MO event will be awesome and by the way it looks, will be pretty easy to win with a lot of you bailing out. Team Icemelter for the Win!

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
1581993020134.png

And the nay sayers get this free t-shirt!

Thanks for your statement Cohoho!

Ducker!

Reactions: Nick Rudnick

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Well I'm glad you got paid..

But if I'm being honest from the perspective of a previous dog fighter it's going to take alot more than squaring up debts for me to bring my dog back to the fight. Not that I was much of a threat to win anyways..
Best of luck to those that enter this year.

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Name
Chad Lukehart
Boat
Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
Simple solution for those that choose not to enter this year, give Goat the cash so he can in-turn get that donation doubled so it can go for the good cause that is the reason for the WTC in the first place. Then take your crew and enjoy a non-pressure day of Tuna fishing with a great group of Brothers and Sisters that make up this BD Family. Hell throw a few Vets and Active folks in for fun, and it is a win-win for everybody. I am a 30 year Retired Vet, and I will tell you that it would be a kick in the nuts to see alot of you walk away completely just because you got a bad taste in your mouth, those folks coming back on YOUR boats with smiles on there faces may very well be the only smile they have all year in their lives! Don’t Take it away from those who have no control, alot of them already deal with not having control of what has been thrown their way. Let’s do the thing that we do best!

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Simple solution for those that choose not to enter this year, give Goat the cash so he can in-turn get that donation doubled so it can go for the good cause that is the reason for the WTC in the first place. Then take your crew and enjoy a non-pressure day of Tuna fishing with a great group of Brothers and Sisters that make up this BD Family. Hell throw a few Vets and Active folks in for fun, and it is a win-win for everybody. I am a 30 year Retired Vet, and I will tell you that it would be a kick in the nuts to see alot of you walk away completely just because you got a bad taste in your mouth, those folks coming back on YOUR boats with smiles on there faces may very well be the only smile they have all year in their lives! Don’t Take it away from those who have no control, alot of them already deal with not having control of what has been thrown their way. Let’s do the thing that we do best!
Some people think everything is fine now cause checks got mailed. This was never about the money.

How about shut down the WTC and just have a weekend of taking vets out.

No entry fees, no payouts, no bullshit.

I don’t think a competition tournament is a very good atmosphere to take guys, who are usually new at the sport, out for a fun day of fishing anyways. If it’s a tourney we fish hard and will push limits.

If you want to make a donation make it directly to the food bank or a trusted veteran org. Skip the middle man. Stop paying 1.40/can for designer tuna.

To me it should either be a tournament or a weekend to take veterans fishing. I’m down for both (now I’m just down for the latter), but I don’t think it should be mixed.

We’ve had a great run and had a lot of good times with a lot of vets but the rest of the WTC has really turned into a drag. Keep it simple, focus on the vets.

Kool-Aid

Mar 18, 2008
WA
Name
Jason
Boat
World Cat 266SF
Someone tell me that when you got your check was more important than the smiles on these faces. Never entered intending to fill my bank account....but always intended to make some memories for the guys who sacrificed more than I could ever comprehend.

I get it...but let these pics from over the years help you remember what it’s all about.
67BB96A5-04E6-426A-B7DE-6C6C7230ECEF.jpeg

1A51B42E-0170-4976-8044-203247C08681.jpeg

D745A6A6-1E29-4D65-90C0-21211A441122.jpeg

7FEAB85B-70C2-42C1-A1E0-A46CF81EDCFA.jpeg

7505ABCC-2CB0-4528-A950-FF9F1B9F06E7.jpeg

269CCE68-4204-452F-8580-715D8A9E6A5A.jpeg

I wish I had a picture from every smile of every vet I took out over the years of the WTC. I would bog this forum down loading them all.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Someone tell me that when you got your check was more important than the smiles on these faces. Never entered intending to fill my bank account....but always intended to make some memories for the guys who sacrificed more than I could ever comprehend.

I get it...but let these pics from over the years help you remember what it’s all about.
View attachment 1114451

View attachment 1114452
View attachment 1114453
View attachment 1114454
View attachment 1114455
View attachment 1114456

I wish I had a picture from every smile of every vet I took out over the years of the WTC. I would bog this forum down loading them all.
You're a good Dude, Jason! If the stars line up for me this summer Im going to get some of our Wouded or Active vets out on the water.!

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
Awesome Jason!!!!....

Unfortunately....along with the lack of follow through of $$ so has the focus been on wounded warriors for this event. Last two years the focus has been on MO and vet attendance has been way down. Zero organization to match folks with available seats.

MO is focused on looking like rockstars over staying in the shadows and putting the focus on what matters most. Thus, they will not be in existence much longer.

I saw first hand at Salmon for Soldier’s Friday Harbor....it was all about our vets and simply getting out fishing and being with the dudes on a mission to fish!!!

You can be high and mighty that it is about vets and who cares about the $$$???..this is also a competitive event and you pay what is expected and owed.

We love WTC......It needs to be ran differently and by a different organization.

Take a vet out fishing regardless of an organized event.

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Some people think everything is fine now cause checks got mailed. This was never about the money.
And for that lie, you earn two t-shirts!

Ducker!

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Phone works both ways Jacked!
Did you contact him or just react!

Ducker!

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Sorry duck but it's not my responsibility to reach out to MO to un fuk this mess. Since BD makes up probably 90% of the WTC participants I would think they would take the first opportunity they had to save face... hasn't happened.

Keep supporting them that's your choice and I'm not going to give you shit for it....I'm just not jumping on that same bandwagon. My choice, you know the Merica way.

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Jacked, you shouldn't assume shit!

Ducker!

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member