sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Washington is the only state to have entirely closed its fishing season. Jay Inslee stands alone in his unscientific fear based closure. The hardest hit states like New York are encouraging people to get outdoors and fish. I knew Oregon was open but was surprised today talking to a co-worker in California to hear he had fishing plans for the weekend so I started looking on the internet and found we are the only state to close all fishing.

On March 24, 2020, Seggos reminded New Yorkers that trout and salmon fishing season opens on Wednesday, April 1. New York’s coldwater lakes and streams offer springtime trout anglers the opportunity to pursue trout in a wide array of settings across the state. Commissioner Seggos said, “Fishing is good for the mind and body. Governor Andrew M. Cuomo continues to invest in ensuring New York’s renowned fisheries remain healthy and productive.

Upvote 0

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
  • Sep 25, 2008
    Westport/Renton
    Name
    Cap't Paul
    Boat
    V-20 Wellcraft w/200 G2
    California followed, fishing is closed

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Oregon is open, but all state boat launches are closed by order of Governor Kate Brown.... So essentially closed to most.... If your boat is moored, if you find a private launch or you fish from the bank, otherwise it’s closed...

They closed all state parks as well in Oregon, couple of guys went over the fence across the public access to the beach for surfing... Locals ratted them out and they both got citations for trespassing.... Bog news on the Lincoln City Facebook page....

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
    Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    Cali delayed salmon season and the trout opener .Fishing did not close . Down here in so cal their starting to reopen some of the launch ramps that had closed .

Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    SOME states have even waived the requirement to have a fishing license. Imagine that. Encouraging people to engage in a wholesome past time. Lots of dads out of work, it would be a great time to pass the sport to the next generation. Lowland lakes should be opening THIS Saturday, but they're not. SMH Guess we should all go play video games.

Reactions: tacklejacked
    Upvote 0

no excuses

Jun 11, 2012
    Oregon/USA
    Name
    Stan
    Boat
    sea-doo fish pro
    Oregon is open, but all state boat launches are closed by order of Governor Kate Brown.... So essentially closed to most.... If your boat is moored, if you find a private launch or you fish from the bank, otherwise it’s closed...

They closed all state parks as well in Oregon, couple of guys went over the fence across the public access to the beach for surfing... Locals ratted them out and they both got citations for trespassing.... Bog news on the Lincoln City Facebook page....
    This is from a thread on another forum.

Straight from the horse's mouth (the marine enforcement officer for Coos) who was sitting next to an OSP officer: boat ramps are open, come on over and have fun! It's just a rumor that OSP is targeting people coming to the coast. They were laughing about it

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    This is from a thread on another forum.

Straight from the horse's mouth (the marine enforcement officer for Coos) who was sitting next to an OSP officer: boat ramps are open, come on over and have fun! It's just a rumor that OSP is targeting people coming to the coast. They were laughing about it

Coos is a little more rogue.... Depoe Bay and many others have concrete barriers across them. You couldn’t launch if you wanted to.

Saw a Facebook post tonight that the South Coast charter boats are going to open back up. They said they worked with ODFW and they can social distance while fishing... Probably depends on the community... I’m also in the Depoe Bay community Facebook page and those people are nuts! They don’t want any valley people bringing them the Rona!

Communities will start ignoring the Governor real soon!

BB8302C2-8204-4C3E-ADB7-1F39C67B6BB6.png

Upvote 0

OMEGA

Dec 17, 2007
    WA
    Name
    MCS
    Boat
    40 Cabo FB
    I think Inslee actually resents sport fisherman. This makes no sense. In challenging times and with known shortages of meat resources how can't fishing be allowed.

The safest form of natural social distancing and ability to feed your family.

Upvote 0

Salmonmoocher

"Holding My Own Rod"
    Sep 9, 2009
    Puyallup, WA - USA
    Name
    Billy Bob
    Boat
    27' Grady White "Main Break Too", 17' Seaswirl CC "Salmonmoocher"
    Who Voted for the Dipshits in power in this state? That wood B the King County LibTards. The printing presses of currency are going to run out of ink B4 this Fucking Insanity Ends:finger::deadhorse

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Who Voted for the Dipshits in power in this state? That wood B the King County LibTards. The printing presses of currency are going to run out of ink B4 this Fucking Insanity Ends:finger::deadhorse

you have King County.... We have Portland.... Sad!! Bunch of Kali transplants move to the PNW and fuck it up!

Upvote 0

PST9

Almost A Member
    Jun 2, 2012
    Ferndale, WA, USA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Kingfisher 2525
    I think Inslee actually resents sport fisherman. This makes no sense. In challenging times and with known shortages of meat resources how can't fishing be allowed.

The safest form of natural social distancing and ability to feed your family.

Is it Inslee that resents sport fishing? Or do the treaty tribes, whom don't want sport fishing of any kind, own his ass?

Disclaimer: Inslee is an idiot. I am not defending him in any way.

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
    Jun 2, 2009
    Seabeck
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    Is it Inslee that resents sport fishing? Or do the treaty tribes, whom don't want sport fishing of any kind, own his ass?

Disclaimer: Inslee is an idiot. I am not defending him in any way.

Its safe to say that crazy Jay is bought and paid for by the tribes, extreme conservation groups, and agenda driven people like Bill Gates. Follow the $$$$.

Reactions: liltrouble
    Upvote 0

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    If the concern is the Risk to fish checkers, then we volunteer to do our own oversight and enforcement. If any sport fisherman is found breaking the rules, he will need to go to sport fisherman court run by sport fisherman.

This is acceptable for other user groups to police themselves, why not us?

Upvote 0

Plus1

Apr 14, 2008
    Pugetropolis
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    2002 no-name YT
    No term limits for Gov here,
    turn up the heat now to rid our state of the Inslee-ChiComm virus.

Upvote 0

Salmonmoocher

"Holding My Own Rod"
    Sep 9, 2009
    Puyallup, WA - USA
    Name
    Billy Bob
    Boat
    27' Grady White "Main Break Too", 17' Seaswirl CC "Salmonmoocher"
    The Edgar Tribal Members we’re lined up 5 deep at Pt. Defiance today to go out and pound away at the Area 11 Dungeness Crab. Of Course at a Social Distance :finger::finger::finger:
    Look for a good deal on fresh crab at your local Safeway. Idiots

Upvote 0