Was the Intrepid fishing Santa Rosa for the Seabass?

Dexter Outdoors

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Exactly capt Bill that is his home territory -the channel islands. they limited on WSB and a load of large sheephead . my buddy was on the Amigo and coudnt believe his eyes when he woke up next to the Intrepid. Not a lot of options for a 4 day and Santa Rosa was a home run decision..

Says a lot about the local fishing down south right now and locally. worse in 5 to 6 years . A load of the SD boats may have some financial trouble if something doesn't happen here soon
Lot of boats are sitting at the dock and not running...
Here is a real time shot as I am at the landing now
20170710_141003.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RockHopperNCKA

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Great move, IMO.

I have a 3.5 day coming up at the end of this month and I'd rather spend that time at San Clemente fishing for YT, halibut, and goats rather than spend 3.5 days chasing bft that don't want to bite.

Looks like the Pac Queen found the YT this weekend. Not sure what size or where they were fishing.

Upvote 0

rick Jackson

"Carpe diem"
  • May 28, 2015
    Name
    RIP Jim Peterson
    Boat
    Glasspar Avalon/SeaQuest
    Exactly capt Bill that is his home territory -the channel islands. they limited on WSB and a load of large sheephead . my buddy was on the Amigo and coudnt believe his eyes when he woke up next to the Intrepid. Not a lot of options for a 4 day and Santa Rosa was a home run decision..

Says a lot about the local fishing down south right now and locally. worse in 5 to 6 years . A load of the SD boats may have some financial trouble if something doesn't happen here soon
    View attachment 849723

Yep, He still has contacts including his brother(Pacific Dawn) in that area.
    Thinking he got some solid info in order to roll up that far up the line.:appl:

Upvote 0

nmthree

Nick M- So Cal
    Feb 9, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    None

View attachment 849723

I was there...yep so was the Intrepid. We were all on the back side of Santa Rosa

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
    May 31, 2003
    not a spoiled bitch from san diego
    Name
    bill
    Boat
    I hate boats
    Great move, IMO.

I have a 3.5 day coming up at the end of this month and I'd rather spend that time at San Clemente fishing for YT, halibut, and goats rather than spend 3.5 days chasing bft that don't want to bite.

Looks like the Pac Queen found the YT this weekend. Not sure what size or where they were fishing.

The tunas use the canyons that parallel those islands for migration. I'd rather spend 3-5 days in that area - and all it has to offer to include quiet nights on the anchor - then........ the alternative south of san diego.

Upvote 0