mike mitchell

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 25, 2017
Monterey
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat Name
18 Sfringari
I recently had to buy a new battery for my car. I went to the store of origin for the old battery and was told that the battery was internally broke and needed a new battery. I said great, is this one still under warranty and they said no because I was not the original purchaser. What? Your battery is bad and still within the warranty period so.... Denied. So I went shopping around for batteries and learned that this is a common practice for batteries and tires. Warranties are not transferable ! Sucks for me.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat Name
One that floats
I recently had to buy a new battery for my car. I went to the store of origin for the old battery and was told that the battery was internally broke and needed a new battery. I said great, is this one still under warranty and they said no because I was not the original purchaser. What? Your battery is bad and still within the warranty period so.... Denied. So I went shopping around for batteries and learned that this is a common practice for batteries and tires. Warranties are not transferable ! Sucks for me.
That’s why I buy my tires and batteries from Costco, I never had a problem.

Upvote 0

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
Monterey
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat Name
18 Sfringari
That’s why I buy my tires and batteries from Costco, I never had a problem.
I checked with Costco and they told me that the warranties are for the original purchaser for tires and batteries. I too buy my tires from Costco when they have my size. They didn't even have a listing for the battery I needed.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat Name
No Boat Now
well if a battery has a TIME length warranty , what difference does it make who owns it...
"just another way out of responsibility"....

but I guess that's why the say "original owner" just another LOOP HOLE....

over and out...

• Haha
Reactions: pacificscout
Upvote 0

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
Monterey
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat Name
18 Sfringari
You bought a used car and expected the warranty to be honored for something bought by the prior owner? Really, were you born yesterday?
I bought a used car with a shitty battery. I expected the people that sold the battery to live up to their warranty. To quote Tommy Boy "I could take a dump in a box and put a guaranty on it and have a guaranteed piece of shit ".

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat Name
No Boat Now
I bought a used car with a shitty battery. I expected the people that sold the battery to live up to their warranty. To quote Tommy Boy "I could take a dump in a box and put a guaranty on it and have a guaranteed piece of shit ".
was the car bought: "as is , where is , no warranty expressed or implied ?

Upvote 0

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat Name
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
If it came with a CPO- Certified Pre Owned warranty, then maybe. When it comes to automotive warranties one should do their home work. Many MBI's (mechanical breakdown Insurance) have caps on payout or replace/repair with equivalent condition parts. So you probably won't be getting a new/rebuilt motor for your BMW M3, most likely a junkyard one. Also, these warranty companies that advertise on local TV or spam your phone are generally not licensed to do business in California.

Reactions: gecsr1
Upvote 0

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
Cali
Name
alby
Boat Name
None
Warranties are mostly a sales pitch..
The term lifetime warrantee for example..
The lifetime of what or who?
The lifetime of the product,the purchaser,the business ?
It can be interpreted many ways but make no mistake All lifetime warranties have an end date..

Upvote 0

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
Monterey
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat Name
18 Sfringari
battery was in the car when you bought it so it's included in "as is where is" no warranty expressed or implied....
So if you buy a Calstar or G Loomis rod from another bd'er and it breaks under normal use you wouldn't inquire about a warranty claim?

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat Name
No Boat Now
So if you buy a Calstar or G Loomis rod from another bd'er and it breaks under normal use you wouldn't inquire about a warranty claim?
inquire yes maybe... but must accept what they say .... and most likely will not be warranted..

Upvote 0