WARNING FOR BUYERS - DON'T GET SCAMMED!

Discussion in 'USED Fishing Rods and Reels For Sale' started by Jason, Dec 14, 2014.

1. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    This whole thread was driven by you. Can you let it go?

2. timmyd3853

timmyd3853 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    Excel, Polaris Supreme, Searcher, RRIII and YOURS!
    right on but just to let you know i already knew that. THATS why i didnt feel so hot about backing out on you. truce it is!!!

... now if i ever have time to get out to fish maybe i can talk about how good it is LOL. actually im FINALLY going out this next weekend.

3. timmyd3853

timmyd3853 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    Excel, Polaris Supreme, Searcher, RRIII and YOURS!
  4. MoMo Fish

MoMo Fish Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brooklyn!
    Man I thought my wife never forgets the crap I did wrong that one time 12 years ago..

And real men don't keep harassing others online over being hurt that a transaction didn't happen.. I fail to see what damage this caused you? Did you miss out on fishing cause you needed this reel? Did you have to cancel a fishing trip? What hurt you sooooo bad that you were persistent on following him around to bash him? Please tell me it's something tangible (that means actually happened in case you pulled out the dictionary). If it wasn't then it's pure emotional hurt which again "real men" let it go and move on.. Don't just pick and choose quotes that real men do like keep their word..

And please don't get this confused, I'm not attacking just wondering what really caused you to do all of this and ruin a perfectly legit post (you should apologize to Jason)..

Jer Dog for president!! I think you and Trump would make for a very entertaining ticket [emoji4]...

5. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    your right, I would order to have every Bastard that dis graces our Flag in any way SHOT
    and Deported every person that doesn't have a right to be in this Country.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  6. robn

robn Newbie

Name:
    robn
    Boat:
    yes
    on a better note I bought 2 rods and 3 reels here on bd, 3 days before my trip. I was leery about one of the reels condition and the seller told me he'd let me check it out before buying. As per our agreement the seller dropped off the stuff with the capt. I got to check out the gear before purchasing and I paid the seller the balance owed with paypal that morning and it all went very smoothly.
    Thanks Rich!

TL;DR: I think BD sellers need a feedback page. it would eliminate all the bs.

Hammertime86 and jer dog like this.
  7. HillaryCuva

HillaryCuva Newbie

Name:
    Hillary Cuva
    Boat:
    Belzona 277
    But how do you recognize them?

8. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    Gut feelings.... check how many posts, look at other threads they posted , go into their profile, see their posts reply's etc... how long a member etc..

Good Luck..

9. geebee

geebee My Member is Well-Known

Name:
    Gee Bee
    Boat:
    Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID
    More PayPal buying & selling tips:

Always REQUIRE a seller to send you an invoice off the paypal-com website -- the invoice (with clear terms and conditions included) will be emailed to you directly from PayPal.

This puts teeth in PayPal's ability to enforce the contract and its Buyer/Seller Protection plans -- you get your money back if the item is not as described.

Watch out for accounts that have been taken over by fraudsters and ONLY SHIP TO THE BUYER'S "CONFIRMED ADDRESS" on the PayPal receipt.

Sellers should also be very careful about delivery methods that legally prove receipt -- so a buyer can't say he didn't get the item...

PayPal answers their phone (contact off their website) you do not need a PayPal account to have someone email you money -- but it makes sense a Seller has an established PayPal account and CONFIRMED ADDRESS.

Never ship to unconfirmed address and only ship to the exact information provided on the PayPal document.

POST EDIT:

PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY FF IS NOT COVERED BY BUYER PROTECTION PLANS

think twice before using paypal friends & family to buy and sell - THEN DON'T - require the seller to send you an actual INVOICE off the paypal-com website so you are covered in case it goes bad

pp.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. abdiver7777

abdiver7777 abdiver7777

Name:
    Sir2you
    Boat:
    No Name........
    Simple -- have the seller post the item on ebay and you can "Buy it Now"..... with Ebay buyer protection.....then have them send you the link........

Ya.... the seller pays Ebay for the privilege but at least you know you have options....