dtfisherman

GONE FISHING
Nov 9, 2015
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Danny
Boat
None
I did the same thing with 16oz pipe jigs a few years back. Was proud I made them at a BD Lead Party, Bought some insane 16/0 trebles from Norway. Decided to hang them on the wall (about 7 feet up), them thought, that is a hazard. Started carefully taking them down one at a time and the bottom hook snagged the jig behind it and fell.
I was lucky that it caught my pinkie and went straight though just missing the nail.
I had to use bolt cutters to sever the hook and pull it through. Used Bourbon to sterilize it. Good times. I looked for pictures, but couldnt find them
You Win! My Lucanus 6-7oz not 16oz(1 pound). Sounds like the extra weight pulled the barb all the way through which saved you a trip to the ER. 16/0 a big boy so it probably left a pretty good hole to heal 🙃
Ps Please invite me if there's ever a BD BFT Party.

Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
Ehhh I’ve seen worst. I’ve had jigs stuck in my face before. Best to cut the hook and pull it all the way through an exit hole in your finger. Trying to pull a hook that size out with a barb? Does a lot more damage to your tissue.

Upvote 0

dtfisherman

GONE FISHING
Nov 9, 2015
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Danny
Boat
None
Ehhh I’ve seen worst. I’ve had jigs stuck in my face before. Best to cut the hook and pull it all the way through an exit hole in your finger. Trying to pull a hook that size out with a barb? Does a lot more damage to your tissue.
I've seen worst too on Deadliest Catch, Hawaii Episode a few nights ago. Stabbed by a swordy...
The doctor huffed and puffed, huffed and puffed several times to push it through but it wouldn't go. So she got a blade and sliced it out. Pretty sure I'd of been able if she allowed me to. Runners that yo-yo in and out of shape like, love seefood diet
STABBED BY A SWORDFISH.jpg
me, develop a side effect of significant tolerance for pain.

Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
I've seen worst too on Deadliest Catch, Hawaii Episode a few nights ago. Stabbed by a swordy...
The doctor huffed and puffed, huffed and puffed several times to push it through but it wouldn't go. So she got a blade and sliced it out. Pretty sure I'd of been able if she allowed me to. Runners that yo-yo in and out of shape like, love seefood diet View attachment 1142632me, develop a side effect of significant tolerance for pain.

Oh fuck me. Holy shit man. I can’t help you there. I would have feinted seeing that shit IRL. God damn bro

Upvote 0

Catalina CD

Cockdie Win's!!!
May 14, 2011
Avalon, CA
Name
Jamie Hmielak
Boat
Steiger Craft 21 Miami
Cut the hook off at the eye and push it back up thru the skin. I’ve done it before...not fun...but much less invasive that cutting it out.

Upvote 0

dtfisherman

GONE FISHING
Nov 9, 2015
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Danny
Boat
None
Cut the hook off at the eye and push it back up thru the skin. I’ve done it before...not fun...but much less invasive that cutting it out.

CD,
Not seeing how cutting the hook off at the eye will help. The hook is barbed and will rip flesh if pulled back up. Plan A was to push it through and cut off the hook at the barbed spot then pull back up and out. If it was a trout hook that's another story but still dunno why or how cutting the hook eye will help.

DT HOOKED PINKY.jpg

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Brother sent me this one.....probably a Facespace thing. Still painfull.

I've gone to ER night before trip for same thing. I wanted to yank it out but everyone was to scared.

ER, Hospital and Dr bill. I'm sure if the custodian mopped while I was there I woulda paid for that too.

16644.jpeg

Upvote 0

dtfisherman

GONE FISHING
Nov 9, 2015
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Danny
Boat
None
Everything happens for a reason...many groundhog days during this lockdown. They will shortly all be forgotten but my ER visit will likely stick with me til the door closes.

I like the crimped leader, shows expectation and confidence in catching something big.

Upvote 0

Latest posts