titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Just seeing if anyone from here is going to be there next Saturday. Looks to be a pretty cool night.

http://saltwaterbassseries.com/?page_id=4000

“WAR ON THE WALL”
November 22nd 2014 > 4 p.m. until Midnight
Davies Launch Ramp, Alamitos Bay
This is a fun, no points, post / pre-season tournament. All are invited to fish, so come on out!

• $25 per person (cash only to be paid at the ramp)
  • Up to 3 people per team
  • All Bass Species Count
  • 5 fish – 14 inch on a flat board
  • Pays 1st - 2nd – 3rd place and Big Fish
  • Artificial lures only, scents allowed, no trolling
  • All other standard SBS rules apply
Boundaries
From the beginning of the break wall at Cabrillo beach to the Surfside Jetty with a line drawn from the south tip of the bottom end of the break wall to the Surfside Jetty itself.
All legal areas to fish inside of the break wall are open
No further than 50 yards outside of the break wall
Oil Platforms are off limits!

Last edited:

Ryan_J

Apr 5, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
Jupiter 31 - twin Yamaha F300's
I will be there. Looks like the weather and tides should be great for night fishing.

Matt Moyer

DESTROYER
Aug 7, 2004
La Mesa
www.ballastpoint.com
Name
"DESTROYER"
Boat
22' Sea Fox Viper "Even Keel"
I will be there fishing with the Ballast Point Spirits Team Mike and Scotty. Nic unfortunately has guests in town.
Should be a fun night for sure.

Ryan_J

Apr 5, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
This is my first time fishing in any type of event like this. What is the protocol? Sign in, shotgun start? My boat is already in the water so I won't be launching from Davies, just driving over from my slip in the bay. Can I sign in early? Thanks for any help. I just don't want to be the guy that's at the wrong place a the wrong time.

-Ryan_J

FishSwami

Oct 19, 2008
Encinitas, CA
Name
Ty
Boat
Team SPY - Key West Bay Reef 230
This is my first time fishing in any type of event like this. What is the protocol? Sign in, shotgun start? My boat is already in the water so I won't be launching from Davies, just driving over from my slip in the bay. Can I sign in early? Thanks for any help. I just don't want to be the guy that's at the wrong place a the wrong time.

-Ryan_J
I assume will be shotgun start together at 4:00 pm either at the bridge next to the Davies ramp or possibly at the mouth of the jetty. Just show up at the launch ramp around an hour or so early and check in with Gerry Mahieu, the tournament director. I'm sure he'll have his tent set up. Then say hi to me (Ty and Tj) and get to know a few of the guys ask any questions and have fun! Generally the deadline for weigh in is the bridge at the ramp. Midnight... Biggest 5 fish wins 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and big fish. Look on the Saltwater Bass Series website for more info about this and other tournaments. Gerry's number is there too for any questions. http://saltwaterbassseries.com/?page_id=4000

Reactions: Matt Moyer

faster u fool

Mar 24, 2009
ramona, Ca
Name
chris
Boat
19' baker 86
This will be a fun event for sure. I wish I was able to make it out.. Go get some big ones..The bite has been good

Ryan_J

Apr 5, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
I assume will be shotgun start together at 4:00 pm either at the bridge next to the Davies ramp or possibly at the mouth of the jetty. Just show up at the launch ramp around an hour or so early and check in with Gerry Mahieu, the tournament director. I'm sure he'll have his tent set up. Then say hi to me (Ty and Tj) and get to know a few of the guys ask any questions and have fun! Generally the deadline for weigh in is the bridge at the ramp. Midnight... Biggest 5 fish wins 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and big fish. Look on the Saltwater Bass Series website for more info about this and other tournaments. Gerry's number is there too for any questions. http://saltwaterbassseries.com/?page_id=4000
Ty - Thank you for the info. I'm very excited to take part in this. I will keep my eye out for you, your son, and your Ranger. Fish on!

BurningHeart

Wayward Son
Oct 12, 2010
Bakersfield
Name
Joel
Boat
N/A....I wish
I see all the lights out there, good luck guys!

Ryan_J

Apr 5, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
Sooooo.......how'd things end up? We fished hard from 4-10pm and it was SLOOOOOOW! We only had 1 keeper in the well and the bite was dead. Anyone know where to find more info?