Want to use my slipped boat more

Big_Tuna_

Aug 3, 2017
San Diego
Name
Bigtuna
Boat
Parker 2310
My parker 2310 is slipped in mission bay. I'm new to San Diego fishing. We use it only once on the weekends this spring, but once summer hits I'd like to use it more. Problem is I work a 9-5.

Is there any use in fishing la Jolla in the evenings? Let's say Im off work at 5pm shoot down the harbor I could be at la Jolla by 6pm.

Or maybe the early mornings during the summer? Get out there in the pitch black fish for a bit then head in around 8am

Last edited:

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Evenings on a slipped boat are pure bliss especially during lobster season, I get Itchy every few days and at least go down have a cold beer and visit wit my neighbors take a harbor cruise or fish Bass along the RipRap.
    If you don't know any spots, Do what a alot of people do, Follow out the twilight boat that fishes close, :rolleyes:

Reactions: Big_Tuna_
    Upvote 0

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
    NorCal
    Name
    Boat
    19' Hobie
    You can catch yellows at night in LJ, just make bait. Squid if they're there and some greenies/blue backs.

Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    My parker 2310 is slipped in mission bay. I'm new to San Diego fishing. We use it only once on the weekends this spring, but once summer hits I'd like to use it more. Problem is I work a 9-5.

Is there any use in fishing la Jolla in the evenings? Let's say Im off work at 5pm shoot down the harbor I could be at la Jolla by 6pm.

Or maybe the early mornings during the summer? Get out there in the pitch black fish for a bit then head in around 8am
    Sundowner bites for bass and other species can be WFO! Also if you like mako shark fishing early evening and even better into the dark is killer.

Upvote 0

dwaynesda

dwayne
    Apr 27, 2003
    santee
    Visit site
    Name
    dwayne
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    Yes, bass fishing off La Jolla can be epic at the end of the day. Been taking my skiff up there for 30 years plus whacking the bass. May-Aug is best. 5 days before the full moon up until a day or 2 after is the best time.

The yellows should start to show up soon. Make a few macks outside the jetties, (look for the birds) and haul ass up and give it a try. Sometimes you will connect with white seabass. Try the NW corner to the cove.

It is calm and relaxing and a great way to end the day!

Upvote 0