AlwaysHookedUp

Almost A Member
Jun 13, 2019
Huntington Beach
Name
J
Boat
Center Console
I have a 1998 1903 Trophy and have wanted a leaning post with bigger bait tank but the built in livewell/seats wont allow for it. Has anyone replaced the fiberglass deck area to a flat piece? This would allow any seating arrangement wanted and also the opportunity to delete the livewell and add a proper bait tank. Looking for any help and suggestions on where I could get a replacement if they make them and if not a recommendation to a fiberglass guy that could and what would be needed in terms of reinforcement to allow for the extra weight in that section. Picture is not mine but same model as boat to illustrate what I am talking about. There is a large section of the deck that allows for fuel tank and below deck access. The only problem is it has a molded in livewell and seat mounts. I am located in Huntington Beach so if there are recommendations to a fiberglass guy I would like it to be as local as possible.

Screenshot (33).png

Upvote 0

AlwaysHookedUp

Almost A Member
Jun 13, 2019
Huntington Beach
Name
J
Boat
Center Console
you'll have to cut it all out, then rebuild the deck panel. in your area steve keene is the best { or any where else}.
Thankfully I won't have to cut it because it is connected with screws to rest of the deck. It makes cleaning the gas tank and doing all the wiring/ducting easy

Upvote 0

towerfab

Jun 15, 2004
costa mesa
www.saltwaterspecialties.com
Name
Tom R
Boat
Beleiver
I've done a half dozen or so of this exact thing. There are a few different approaches but cutting the existing tank/seat set up out is the first step. Replacing the missing deck piece isn't mandatory if you support the existing deck properly and use a new tank/lean post that is big enough to cover the hole. I have glassed in a new section and even used starboard cover plate under the new tank for the extremely budget constrained customer.

Reactions: t-ho
Upvote 0

AlwaysHookedUp

Almost A Member
Jun 13, 2019
Huntington Beach
Name
J
Boat
Center Console
I've done a half dozen or so of this exact thing. There are a few different approaches but cutting the existing tank/seat set up out is the first step. Replacing the missing deck piece isn't mandatory if you support the existing deck properly and use a new tank/lean post that is big enough to cover the hole. I have glassed in a new section and even used starboard cover plate under the new tank for the extremely budget constrained customer.

sent you a message

Upvote 0

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
havent heard back from towerfab so I am still looking!

Give Tom a break please as I saw him at his shop at the exact time he was taking the pics of that set up. Which is sweet btw. He is slammed right now, not always on the forums and is taking care of some very important personal things.

Upvote 0

AlwaysHookedUp

Almost A Member
Jun 13, 2019
Huntington Beach
Name
J
Boat
Center Console
Give Tom a break please as I saw him at his shop at the exact time he was taking the pics of that set up. Which is sweet btw. He is slammed right now, not always on the forums and is taking care of some very important personal things.
Hey no worries I know people are busy and have lives outside of bloody decks.. I wasn't giving him a hard time at all just saying I haven't heard back from him. I love the setup he posted and I'm sure he will get back to me when he can. Nothing but love

Reactions: jbl_91762
Upvote 0