twinfin1000

TC Rods - Tradewind Creations
Jun 14, 2007
The South Bay
Name
Steven
Boat
MushiKaka
I recently purchased a talica 12 2 speed to fish 65# spectra to short 50# floro for bait fishing yellows. My 800h feels a little soft for me and my 700xh is a little too short for that longer cast that I want to achieve. My question is what type of guides would be appropriate for the 800xh and talica 12, considering that I want them to be as light as possible and still be able to bounce a 25# pound yellow without breaking a guide.

Upvote 0

BakerStBobby2

GET BIT
Dec 6, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Bobby Gowin
Boat
nope...
Steve,
Most of my customers have been using AmTack Virtus Ringlock NIRLVH guides for 40-60# line lately. The frames are titanuim, so very light and corrosion resistant. The Nanolite rings are super hard, too...
Bobby~

Upvote 0

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
you don't want to bounce a 25# yellow, but regardless the guides wont break bouncing fish, the blank will. Bouncing fish on any rod is a bad idea and its not safe unless you know what you are doing then its still dangerous. better off waiting for a few seconds for a gaff. wait til you break a rod bouncing a fish, its very uncool.

Upvote 0
O

Ol'DirtyBastard

you don't want to bounce a 25# yellow, but regardless the guides wont break bouncing fish, the blank will. Bouncing fish on any rod is a bad idea and its not safe unless you know what you are doing then its still dangerous. better off waiting for a few seconds for a gaff. wait til you break a rod bouncing a fish, its very uncool.

Bouncing is fun though, until you break a rod. I still bounce fish from time to time.

I like the ICMNSG's Fuji's. I have them on my rods now and they have held up well and are light. Once I get to my 80lb sticks and up though I use American Tackle Titanium Turbos.

Upvote 0

SALTYDAWG

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 1, 2003
Casa DE Oro
www.saltydawgcustomrods.com
Name
Bill
Boat
sold it
X2

Upvote 0

J.AkuHed

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 5, 2003
Temecula
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
Your boat!
Steve,
Most of my customers have been using AmTack Virtus Ringlock NIRLVH guides for 40-60# line lately. The frames are titanuim, so very light and corrosion resistant. The Nanolite rings are super hard, too...
Bobby~

X2

Upvote 0

twinfin1000

TC Rods - Tradewind Creations
Jun 14, 2007
The South Bay
Name
Steven
Boat
MushiKaka
Experience I do have. I bounced several yellows with a 90J with chrome guides and a newell 533 with 50# maxima throwing a 7x. When I started bouncing 20#ers it got interesting... Thanks for all the input guys.

Upvote 0