mokahehteh

Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
All done with work, made it home ready to finish the few remaining lam areas on the inside of cab... Rain drops! Had to hustle up and tarp it! This means no gelcoat tomorrow :eek: :mad:

The upside is I'll have more time to sand it and cut out the windows Etc

20150909_152334.jpg

clelandracing

The Masterbaiter
Jul 11, 2010
Colton, California USA
Name
Shane
Boat
Bayliner 2655 sunbridge, Skipjack 25
I have to say I was a little skeptical of the look at first. But i love the look of it now. I am a fan of the lines around the roof above the front windows. Good work on it.

Reactions: mokahehteh

mokahehteh

Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
I have to say I was a little skeptical of the look at first. But i love the look of it now. I am a fan of the lines around the roof above the front windows. Good work on it.
That's funny. The primary reason for that feature is a structural one, and style secondarily. It really is built like a brick house.

bigbrowndog

Sep 11, 2007
Thousand Oaks
Name
Charles
Boat
20' Key West WA
Anybody here have experience using different jigsaw blade types for cutting window openings?
What kind of jigsaw do you have? The Bosch blades work really well. That's the only brand blades I use. They are available at Home Depot. Make sure to use the blades that cut on the up stroke and not the down stroke, you will have less blow out on the cut.

FatBoy4130

Jun 7, 2012
RSM O.C
Name
B Wolfe
Boat
FATBOY
Anybody here have experience using different jigsaw blade types for cutting window openings?
I just cut in my windows with a thin cut off blade for metal attached to my angle grinder....

I would highly recommend dealing with a little smoke rather then the force of that jigsaw blade trying to rip you fiberglass off the wood!!! The cuts will come out with a 1000 grit finish on the wood and glass also

FatBoy4130

Jun 7, 2012
RSM O.C
Name
B Wolfe
Boat
FATBOY
Mind if I ask how that Tuna Tower felt with someone up there as as Far as Boat Stability? ??

Been watching your thread for awhile and just realized we are both building pilot houses on roughly the same boat. I've got a 2052 ...

Still haven't splashed her due to waiting for my motor install and I'm super nervous about the extra top heavy load I just spent 4 months building...Hahah

skiff

skiff
Apr 30, 2007
central coast of california
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Radon
Randy- I have no idea on the blades, so hopefully somebody here can help school you. Looks like the real fun is about to start. Pass out dust masks to every neighbor within a two block radius, put on a space suit, and let 'er rip!

mokahehteh

Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
Randy- I have no idea on the blades, so hopefully somebody here can help school you. Looks like the real fun is about to start. Pass out dust masks to every neighbor within a two block radius, put on a space suit, and let 'er rip!
Thanks everyone. I bought some 60 grit carbide blades for my craftsman jigsaw to power. This part will throw me back to the old days of sanding surfboards and making dust at Wave Tools LOL

...Yes, dust masks and talcum powder arm massages before cutting & sanding!

B Wolfe, the tuna tower was surprisingly stable. Of course you could test some of your boat's nautical architectural characteristics by measuring its rolling period at the dock. Obviously, it's best to keep it low and light which makes for a more favorable rolling period.

Reactions: FatBoy4130

FatBoy4130

Jun 7, 2012
RSM O.C
Name
B Wolfe
Boat
FATBOY
Nice!!

Glad to know it wasn't a diasater in the making... I never even heard of that test until the boat had a whole the exact size of a missing out drive in it..

Just went off the rough 300lb factory hardtop option weight and aimed at making it less bit I'm thinking I'm right at that with the windows in...

Biggest mistake I made was using the Trim-Lok rubber instead of spending for the custom glass...

Your is looking Tits!!!

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Nice job on the cut outs. I don't know what you would say, being symmetrical or just matching the lines of the top, awesome job, Randy!

Reactions: mokahehteh