waianae report 8-22-10

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by nodrama, Aug 25, 2010.

1. nodrama

nodrama Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    Left the harbor dark, got out to the 1500 and set lines ran up toward KoOlina and found some birds. Couldn't stay long as the wind picked up fast and I had a friend that never been trolling before. Turned the boat down sea and worked back in. About half and hour later center goes off and sort corner goes off and we are on. Tell Todd go get um keep the line tight andkeep reelin dont stop, half way through i see him cranking in with two hands and Turtle and I start to laugh:rofl:. Todds fish comes up first and Turtle and I leader and gaff, as we do that Todd is on second fish and he brings that fish to leader. We get that fish too. (2 Mahi's) Now todd is hurting and said his arm was really tight so i tell him to drive back up sea and Turtle and I reset lines. Back in the area again and Hanapaa other side short goes off and todd is again fighting fish, brings fish to leader and we again leader and gaff.(another Mahi) Its about 900am and heading in when we run into a pile of birds boats already in no one hooked up as far as I could see. made two psses and coming back in for the third pass and fish is now jumping over eachother and imake my pass and Hanapaa again this time we take a triple on the run 2 came off and we now fight the third and then it happened the line comes slack and fish is gon just like that. Lure lost and bankrupt mainline is cut really high:shithappens:. reset lines and move again Hanapaa center goes off we fight fish thinking its small cause pole is bent but no line taken Barakuda we let it go and set up again. Ran back it to the 1000 no takers. Ran the 500 No takers in harbor by 230. My friend Todd is tired but happy. good day for us lots of action in the morning.

Attached Files:

2. Blue Ice

Blue Ice Newbie

Name:
    Big B
    Boat:
    2670 Glacier Bay "Maddie Girl"
    NoDrama,

Right on brother. Nice mahi's. I hope the westside is gonna start up again soon. Thanks for the report and funny story!

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Fisherman wannabe

Name:
    JimmyK
    Boat:
    17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
    Ryan, Good going on your catch!

4. Lokelani Kai

Lokelani Kai Newbie

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    24 Yellowfin Allysa K
    Way to go ryan and crew good going!!:hali_olutta:

5. BNaks

BNaks Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Baby Hawk
    Congrats on another successful trip, Ryan. 1st time trollers always bring me luck. Nice boat you got there too.

6. lois

lois lurker

Name:
    lois
    Boat:
    99 nvrmin
    wow awesome Ryan! when you coming down to 5 Oceans 7 Seas again? we got some specials for you!

7. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    Nice! Good to see that the action has finally improved on the west side. Good going on the mahimahi!

8. CHRISTINA GAIL

CHRISTINA GAIL Newbie

Name:
    BEN
    Boat:
    21 ALI'I KAI - CHRISTINA GAIL
    WHAT A GREAT DAY AND ONE MORE PERSON HOOKED ON TROLLING! YOUR FRIEND MUST HAVE BEEN STOKED! IT'S GOOD THAT HIS FIRST TRIP TROLLING HAD A LOT OF ACTION. BY THE WAY NICE BOAT. I ALWAYS LIKED THAT CURRENT LINE. WITH TWINS TO BOOT! MY FRIEND HAS ONE AND I THINK THAT'S THE BEST 17, IT CAN DO IT ALL. RIGHT ON GANG!

9. force21

force21 Oldie

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    21 Force JAYMIELYN
    Looks like some nice sized Mahi's you got there Ryan, to bad about the broke line & lost fish & lure.

10. nodrama

nodrama Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks alot everyone hope everyone has great days on the water. tight lines and good hookups.:hali_olutta:

11. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Thanks for the pictures and report.Nice going on your catch.Doug